Quantcast

slammed

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Chainstay is a hair under 15" with a brand new chain.
DMR Moto tire is less than 1/8" from the seatstay brace!
This frame is the nicest I've ever ridden... :thumb:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It was 29.5 pounds with the K-Rads, probably added close to a pound with the DMR tires.

Couldn't find the supermoto tires anyplace so I went with the heavier ones.

little note of warning here. a tire will generally swell around the outside circumference when you land your bike, simply by displacement of the lower part of the tire compressing and the upper part suffering said swelling. any frame i've ever had with a tire that close eventually developed wear marks in it from the tire. some pretty significant and almost wearing thru the tubeset. if you start hearing any weird buzzing that you are having trouble tracking down, look there. it even becomes more exaggerated with an older tire as the rubber isn't as resilient anymore and will stretch farther...

i ain't saying it is gonna happen, i'm just saying...

Last edited:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
little note of warning here. a tire will generally swell around the outside circumference when you land your bike, simply by displacement of the lower part of the tire compressing and the upper part suffering said swelling. any frame i've ever had with a tire that close eventually developed wear marks in it from the tire. some pretty significant and almost wearing thru the tubeset. if you start hearing any weird buzzing that you are having trouble tracking down, look there. it even becomes more exaggerated with an older tire as the rubber isn't as resilient anymore and will stretch farther...

i ain't saying it is gonna happen, i'm just saying...
Right on, I'll keep that in mind. :thumb:

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I had really close clearance with slammed dropouts on my eastern. I was doing battle with air pressure. More air pressure, and the tire would expand and rub more all the time. Less air pressure, the tire would displace more when I landed. I got fed up, added a half link, and my stays are still shorter than everyone else's.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
My Krad was almost that close, and it never rubbed. I hit up the DJs yesterday, and it didn't rub, so I think I'm good!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I have to put wires around the ends of my chain and twist them tight to get a new chain on. It's tight as hell for a day, then it's just right. In a week or two I end up having to put a little tension on it.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
Dude, sick. I LOVE my Majesty. Dialed ass frame. Problem is my Rhythm Lite tire (2.3) is unslammable, hits the seatstay bridge and the seattube. How big is that Moto?

Check it, only orange Majesty (it's a 2010) on the continent I do believe:

Colour is fantastic, like a shimmery matte orange. I know that doesn't make sense. Just trust me.

NS really hit this one out of the park.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I have to put wires around the ends of my chain and twist them tight to get a new chain on. It's tight as hell for a day, then it's just right. In a week or two I end up having to put a little tension on it.
Sounds interesting... but I can't visualize what you mean by putting wires around the end of it.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Dude, sick. I LOVE my Majesty. Dialed ass frame. Problem is my Rhythm Lite tire (2.3) is unslammable, hits the seatstay bridge and the seattube. How big is that Moto?
Check it, only orange Majesty (it's a 2010) on the continent I do believe:
NS really hit this one out of the park.
I have a 2.4 on the front, and a 2.2 on the back.
I totally agree with you on the Majesty, the things are really, really dialed. I've never had a frame before that I wouldn't want to change something on, but this one is exactly the way I'd want a frame built. 4.9 lbs is amazing too.....
Yours looks nice with the orange!

Sounds interesting... but I can't visualize what you mean by putting wires around the end of it.
I put a wire about one link back from the ends, then twisted it together like a twist tie... this pulled the ends together enough to get the pin through and join the chain. One wire wasn't enough though, had to use 2 because one breaks before it pulls it tight enough.

Last edited:
It's far from photogenic, especially with a cell phone. Think a shimmery matte orange.

I put on an old 1.95" Kenda "Small Block 2" and slammed the wheel. Very nice, as well as 1/3 pound lighter.
Yeah it probs looks much better up close. Same with my Majesty with the matte black fade to gloss black.

What is the weight of your Majesty's guys?

Mine is currently at 25.3lbs/11.5kg and that's with heavy argyles, KMC Kool chain so some X-Fusion Velvets and KMC Superlite should knock it down to 22.7lbs/10.3kg :)

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Just slammed my dobermann to exactly 15" cs!! and its only half way into the dropouts. With a seriously skinner tire I could get this bitch like 14.4". But 15 is plenty. It feels a LOT better.