Quantcast

sleep issue

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So I have no problem falling asleep but I have been waking up too early! (and not getting enough sleep)

I'll go to bed/sleep @ 11:00, and wake up anywhere from 4 to 5:00am. I feel pretty stressed so I cant fall back asleep.
I dont need to get out of bed until 6am

On the weekends I usually wake up 5-6 hours after whatever time I go to bed.

It's not really bad but i'd like to get 7 hours or so a night, and I'd like to not wake up all stressed

any suggestions?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
None that I'd recommend, other than a hot shower and big glass of cold milk before bed.

When I drink too much, I am unwakable but it is a fitful, active sleep. When I smoke too much, I sleep like the dead...but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
:) I'm like TreeSaw, only it's not a lately thing. It generally takes me a long time to wind down at night, my normal wake up time is at 5:00am, and if anything is "off" in my comfy home, I sleepwalk.

The best trick I've found for sleeping is to stretch...fullly stretch before bedtime. It loosens your body up...I'm sure there's like a medical explanation why if you stretch well right before bed you'll sleep that much better, but it does work. :)

Good luck though!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I suggest you quit your job, cut up the credit card, buy an old truck and forget about mowing the lawn... this stress reduction therepy worked wonders for me.

I am pretty lucky that I have no problem sleeping - I'm out in 5 minutes. I go to bed around 10 or 11, sleep until 3 or 4 get up to take a wiz and have a bowl of shredded wheat - then I listen to the news for an hour or so before falling back to sleep, I get up for the day between 8 or 9 on the week days but 6 on the weekends.

If I have been training fairly heavy I'll average 10 hours of sleep with no problem... being a bum lowers my stress level.

:D :D :D

One thing that I seem to be able to do is wake up when I need too - I don't use an alarm unless I need to be up at a specific time (like never...) on the weekends - even then I'll be up before the alarm sounds.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget

One thing that I seem to be able to do is wake up when I need too - I don't use an alarm unless I need to be up at a specific time (like never...) on the weekends - even then I'll be up before the alarm sounds.
Me too. It's really odd. I'm not even sure how my alarm works?:confused:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I suggest you quit your job, cut up the credit card, buy an old truck and forget about mowing the lawn... this stress reduction therepy worked wonders for me.

I am pretty lucky that I have no problem sleeping - I'm out in 5 minutes. I go to bed around 10 or 11, sleep until 3 or 4 get up to take a wiz and have a bowl of shredded wheat - then I listen to the news for an hour or so before falling back to sleep, I get up for the day between 8 or 9 on the week days but 6 on the weekends.

If I have been training fairly heavy I'll average 10 hours of sleep with no problem... being a bum lowers my stress level.

:D :D :D

You forgot to mention the part abut working your ass off for several years so you can save enought money to be a stress free bum. Unemployed and in debt is more stressful than busting ass for da'man.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I also left out the part about running out of $$$ and taking the worlds worst contract and eating humble pie for the last 3 months... no hassle though since I am still in denial and the fat chicks seem to have an endless supply of donuts. :eek:

Originally posted by Westy
You forgot to mention the part abut working your ass off for several years so you can save enought money to be a stress free bum. Unemployed and in debt is more stressful than busting ass for da'man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I also left out the part about running out of $$$ and taking the worlds worst contract and eating humble pie for the last 3 months... no hassle though since I am still in denial and the fat chicks seem to have an endless supply of donuts. :eek:
You are my hero. I am ready for a very long break from "office" employement. The only thing keeping me here is the fact that I will be vested in my 401K in 3 months. After that I don't think I can make myself sit in a cube all day despite the endless supply of fat chicks and doughy-nuts.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Heidi
Me too. It's really odd. I'm not even sure how my alarm works?:confused:
On the weekends I do this just fine...but I think my body is still mad at the 5am wake up calls...so it always waits for the clock...

weekends I'm up at 5am, lay back down, up at 6am, lay back down, up at 8 and so on ;)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Everyone needs a different amount of sleep to function. I'm my best with 6-7 hours of sleep. My boyfriend can't get out of bed without 8-9 hours of sleep.

If I can't sleep I read. If that doesn't help I get up watch tv or get on the computer.....just laying there stressing out about getting to sleep makes it worse.

I too don't use an alarm clock.....not sure if that's good or bad!

The better shape I'm in the less tired I feel.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
being a sleep tech,i recomedn you try going to bed at 12:00 and get up at 6:00 if you can.people somtimes need as litle as 6 hours sleep and up to 8.younger people need more sleep,stress can be a factor and a result of improper sleep.early morning hours of sleep are crucial for you rem sleep.you may be prevented from this stage due to a disorder and wake up.if you have shortness of breath or people say you snore and stop brething get a test it could be sleep apnea.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

I'll give some a try

but there's no way I can do a routine, & go to bed at 11:00 on the weekends? Hello? I am single!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by douglas

I'll give some a try

but there's no way I can do a routine, & go to bed at 11:00 on the weekends? Hello? I am single!
I hear ya!!! :) But sometimes I think the late nights on the weekends help me sleep better during the work week ;)