Quantcast

slick V10 trick

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
I have no idea if anyone else has tried/done this, but the other night i was workin on mikes bike... he blew his progressive! anywho, its bein worked on, and so I popped a swinger 6-way in there. same size and bolts up nice. Rides pretty damn sweet. :)

Attachments

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
it is at least the same idea... the 5thE had a 350lb Ti spring... this is a 550. and honestly i think this rides better, its a lot more adjustable. (perhaps the 350 was too soft and therefore taxed the valving makin the rest harder to tune? ) but more noticeable changes in feel out of the 6way. and its black!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Originally posted by draco
it is at least the same idea... the 5thE had a 350lb Ti spring... this is a 550. and honestly i think this rides better, its a lot more adjustable. (perhaps the 350 was too soft and therefore taxed the valving makin the rest harder to tune? ) but more noticeable changes in feel out of the 6way. and its black!
The spring probably was too soft. That's the way they runs 'em outta Santa Cruz -- undersprung.

Like golgi said, wouldn't be surprised it rides very similar.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by nicklin
dude.....the swinger IS a 5th. they licensed it from Progressive....glad you found out..better late then never i guess.....
ok, i'll bite: why the different price ranges?