Quantcast

small drop pics

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Id say the first one is a 8-10 foot drop depending on how fast you hit it. You cant see the landing at all in the first pic. I consider anything over 12ft a big drop. I did this section today and it is smoooooth. I nosed it off the last one but it wasnt bad.

BROKEN SPOKE
Get your butt up here. There are some sweet trails.

Here are some more pics of the same area. Ive posted these before, so sorry if you have already seen them. My buddy brought his kids.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those look fun! I just built a drop in town, but i'm not sure how big it is. Maybe 6-7'?

edit: After hitting it faster, it might be up to 10'. :D

brody

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
That looks fun, i've got some 5ft drops near my house that I can do with my HT as long as I land it right, if i don't, it can hurt:mad: . I also have a larger 9 foot drop ready to do once I get DS.

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
ouch! i did a jump on my hardtail ... just a little one, that ended up being bigger than i thought .... i broke my tailbone :-( but i stil went riding 2 weeks later :-)

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
good to see...I must improve on my skills then. I have been on the wood at Winterberg Germany but that is it, looking forward to moving to Montana this summer if anything for the places to ride.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
k9handler i have done up to a 12' drop on a hardtail. you need to make sure the transition is good mainly to hit big drops of a hardtail. just work your way up slowly and make sure you feel like you can make the drop with a certain amount of ease. if you don't feel fairly confident then don't even think about doing it.