Quantcast

Snoqualmie Bike Park?

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Heard about this project awhile ago, just checked the dirtcorps site and noticed that it's a lot further along than I thought it would be!

Anyone have any news on it, or has anybody ridden it yet?

If one of the DirtCorps guys could shoot me a PM, I would be willing to come on out and lend a hand during a work day.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
damn son, that is alot further along. where can we grab some more info (dirt corps site has some dead links)?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I've been up there a few times already with the kids and it's always packed with parents and grommets just having a ball. Checked out the new Phase 2 lines through the woods and that will be pretty fun for those of us who like the skinnies.

Though I'm sure the bad ass hucksters and huckster wanna be's will be talking smack about it because it's not up to their level of ability...

Phase 1 leads to Phase 2 that leads to Phase 3 and so on. The dirt jump area will be pretty awesome too.

I too have offered help on several occasions but they seem to be intent on building it themselves. Which is just fine I suppose.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I've been up there a few times already with the kids and it's always packed with parents and grommets just having a ball. Checked out the new Phase 2 lines through the woods and that will be pretty fun for those of us who like the skinnies.

Though I'm sure the bad ass hucksters and huckster wanna be's will be talking smack about it because it's not up to their level of ability...

Phase 1 leads to Phase 2 that leads to Phase 3 and so on. The dirt jump area will be pretty awesome too.

I too have offered help on several occasions but they seem to be intent on building it themselves. Which is just fine I suppose.
Could you describe where the park is? Also, would I be bored if I headed out there on a dirt jumper for at least a LITTLE bit of air or skinnies?

Basically, what have they completed to this day?

Thanks for the info

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Just above Fisher Creek Park on the parkway. (east side and north of the old unmentionable trails)

From your posts, I think you'd get bored pretty fast at this point unless you like to share the stoke with the neighborhood kids. (I saw kids as low as 4-5 dropping into the starter berm and hitting the jump line into pump track loop.) There is a drop in to a left hand berm to a tri-set of smaller tables to a right berm to a 5-set of pump bumps to another left berm for the longer loop (still about 150 feet) that covers two teeters in a row and some mellow elevated to skinny(ish) to elevated section.

Not sure (to this day) where the Phase 2 stuff is at with the skinnies in the woods below it. I am sure they are working on that just about every day after work now though.

Eventually, there will be a DJ park, and an "A-Line" style run from the upper part down towards the tennis courts as well as a more progressive elevated skinny network. If I can find the master plan (or, if anyone else has it handy) we should can post it.

The kids and I can kill about an hour and a half there until we're done.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Alrighty... i'm only about 10 minutes from there so I'll stop by today for some riding and I'll post back with pictures.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Cool. We may stop by as well depending on soccer practice. It's likely that Dan, Tyler, and Justin may be building on the Phase 2 stuff so I'm sure they would be happy to have help. When you do go, watch for the kiddees dropping in if you plan to pump track it back around for one more lap. (You'll know what I mean when you get there.)

BTW: Just park at the tennis courts and ride up the paved path a couple hundred feet and you'll see it at the pump station.

Apr 3, 2007
Spokane
The 9 would be overkill for sure. But, you could boing around on it for a little while for grins and then hit something more worthy nearby.

Info here, including plans: http://www.ci.snoqualmie.wa.us/agenda/previous/03122007/AB07037/Exhibits/Agreement.htm

I'm sure jumpin_jesus could "no hand" the whole thing....

Is anyone headed out that way this week??? I can ride during the daytime....I am not savvy on that area and would love to tag along on the "more worthy" trails???

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I just got back. Lets just say the park needs a little bit more work before it is fun for the more experienced riders. I can tell that it is a great start, and it would be fun for young rippers, but truthfully I was just a tad bored.

However, once the dirt jumps and larger jumps go in, it's going to be awesome :).

After I rode it, I went back to the "secret" trails in the area. Since it's being torn down, I think it's OK to talk about it. Blue Bucket is not even worth riding anymore. The lips of the jumps are all worn down, and the whole top part of the trail has been leveled and blocked off. Even the skinnies on the lower half are near impossible to ride. The only thing that was still standing was the 4 foot ladder drop on lower.

In its prime, it was an awesome trail. I'd like the thank the trailbuilders for some great times on that trail. One of the best days i've ever had riding was on that trail last fall. RIP blue bucket.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
You must be a littler kid than I thought you were because that's all I saw out there in the hour and a half I was out there with mine. :monkeydance:

Yep, not a whole lot yet for the experienced rider and I guess the second section won't kick into full gear for a week or so yet. But, it's pretty cool to see kids as young as 4-5 dropping in and riding all the way through. Imagine how good they'll be when they get to 12 like many posters on this forum.

I believe the DC will be posting a work day real soon and they are also looking for additional cedar for the elevated decking if anyone has some to spare from their current projects.

Yes, BB was something else in it's prime. I imagine it will be replaced soon enough.... (Some may remember Mugatu's Runway across the road which really paved the way for BB.) Riding through the trees 13 feet up 7 years ago was a big deal. Riding off the top of an old growth stump at the exit of the trail on a nearly rigid bike was an experience.

Rosetime

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
Snoqualmie WA
As one of the builders I would like to make sure that every understands that the Snoqulamie Bike Park is and never will be aimed at the more experienced rider. This is not SST of the north. This a beginner level park is 95% complete was built and will be maintained by Dirt Corps for the average young rider on Snoqulamie Ridge which right now, is about ten years old. Now with that being said progression is the future of the sport and the goal of Dirt Corps is to promote the growth. Future lines already approved will include a intermediate level North Shore style elevated run that should be a couple hundred feet long. Hopefully next year a full DJ area could be in the mix that will cover all experience levels. We hope to bring this before the city before the end of the year for their approval. If you have any questions regarding the park or would like to volunteer to help work on the park, please drop me a line at justin.rose@dirtcorps.com

Thanks

JR Rose
www.dirtcorps.com (site is under re-construction)

ffonsok
P.S. If you think BB is dead you are sadly mistaken. Think of it as simply being on summer vacation. ;)

asif

Chimp
Apr 16, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
ffonsok - The bucket is still rideable and fun to fart around on. Unless something happened since last thursday. I hope i dont get jumped on but here is a vid I took while riding it last month.
I with i would have gotten the R-Line also but it got torn down before i had the sense to bring my CAM with me.

Rosetime - What do you mean by its not dead? I would also like to thank your crew for the work they have done in the area.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
There are parts still there, but for the most part its dead. I loved that upper section with the step up and the fast berms. I watched your video and it seems like more of the skinnies were broken and unrideable.

Instinct

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
Snoqualmie WA
Hey asif - nice video work there bro. Glad you're digging the bucket, I hope we can resurrect it over the winter, but right now there's obviously some pressure on that area from the development going on. Finger's crossed it will survive the sprawl.

ffonsok's right, stuff could use some love, particularly the cedar dragon roller coaster. Would love to get that back to it's former glory but again, until we know what's going to happen in there, it doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile, enjoy the bike park and other riding in the area, and know that we're working hard to create more cool places to ride!

asif

Chimp
Apr 16, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
Instinct - Back in June i was planning on patching that area up as i never had a chance to ride it all. But a few ppl i had spoken with gave the impression it was a matter of weeks before the R-line and bucket would get bulldozed. I think it was about 2 weeks later R-line was gone and i just assumed the bucket would have followed right after. I wish i would have known it would last the summer....

If you hear anything let me know as the only close riding areas for me are the exits and this exit was the only one i felt comfortable doing a quick solo ride after work.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
i'm sure you could ride it with your head lodged in bum like it seems to be with that comment what are you 12 or something. i have more respect for juice for defending what he belives then you clowns talking nonsense trying make a point for someone or thing thinking your so mighty and all knowing. remember being dumb is dangerous and dumb people just bread more dumb people. people are aloud to have opinions in this world. and i guess a sense of humor and sarcasm is not aloud here sad :(. but i can take razzing and one good turn deserves another so touche. But as for my OPINION from what i have or havent seen but have heard that is to happen. that is my opinion until further notice. it was nice to hear it from the horses mouth instead of mules bums. sorry dont mean to sound harsh.

The 9 would be overkill for sure. But, you could boing around on it for a little while for grins and then hit something more worthy nearby.

Info here, including plans: http://www.ci.snoqualmie.wa.us/agenda/previous/03122007/AB07037/Exhibits/Agreement.htm

I'm sure jumpin_jesus could "no hand" the whole thing....

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i'm sure you could ride it with your head lodged in bum like it seems to be with that comment what are you 12 or something. i have more respect for juice for defending what he belives then you clowns talking nonsense trying make a point for someone or thing thinking your so mighty and all knowing. remember being dumb is dangerous and dumb people just bread more dumb people. people are aloud to have opinions in this world. and i guess a sense of humor and sarcasm is not aloud here sad :(. but i can take razzing and one good turn deserves another so touche. But as for my OPINION from what i have or havent seen but have heard that is to happen. that is my opinion until further notice. it was nice to hear it from the horses mouth instead of mules bums. sorry dont mean to sound harsh.
What the **** are you talking about? Did you post in the wrong thread?

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
As one of the builders I would like to make sure that every understands that the Snoqulamie Bike Park is and never will be aimed at the more experienced rider. This is not SST of the north. This a beginner level park is 95% complete was built and will be maintained by Dirt Corps for the average young rider on Snoqulamie Ridge which right now, is about ten years old. Now with that being said progression is the future of the sport and the goal of Dirt Corps is to promote the growth. Future lines already approved will include a intermediate level North Shore style elevated run that should be a couple hundred feet long. Hopefully next year a full DJ area could be in the mix that will cover all experience levels. We hope to bring this before the city before the end of the year for their approval. If you have any questions regarding the park or would like to volunteer to help work on the park, please drop me a line at justin.rose@dirtcorps.com

Thanks

JR Rose
www.dirtcorps.com (site is under re-construction)

ffonsok
P.S. If you think BB is dead you are sadly mistaken. Think of it as simply being on summer vacation. ;)
Well hey, since I have you here I'd like to thank you for a fun ride the one time someone showed me down the bucket last winter. I'd like to hit 'er again but had left it alone since I heard it was going the way of the pterodactyl...staying tuned.

Rosetime

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
Snoqualmie WA
I can vision BB alive again but most likely not in it's current configuration. We need to wait a bit to see what's left after the tree killers machines come in and do their thing.