Quantcast

SNoW!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Damn True said:
When was the last time it took 2.5 hours to get to Tahoe?
Easy, I do it all the time. Early in the morning, average about 90 mph the whole way.

dh girlie said:
Thats what I was wondering...and I sat here thinking...ok...dry conditions all the way...no traffic...must be on the very very edge of what could be considered the bay area...still...no way...:confused:
Is Lafayette considered the edge of the Bay Area? Here's how you get to Tahoe from my 'hood:

-hwy 24 east to 680 north (Walnut Creek interchange)
-680 north turns into 80 east in Fairfield
-80 east to Truckee, where 89 takes you straight to Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, or 267 takes you to Northstar (I prefer N* in the summer though).

OR if you're going to Sugar Bowl, I've made it there in 2 hrs flat, because it's right off of 80 at Donner Pass, about 15 or 20 minutes before Truckee.

(And yes, this is assuming decent road conditions.)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
From where you are that is totally doable. From the south bay or MH/SC like me it takes 4+ nowadays depending on traffic.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dexterq20 said:
Easy, I do it all the time. Early in the morning, average about 90 mph the whole way.

Is Lafayette considered the edge of the Bay Area? Here's how you get to Tahoe from my 'hood:

-hwy 24 east to 680 north (Walnut Creek interchange)
-680 north turns into 80 east in Fairfield
-80 east to Truckee, where 89 takes you straight to Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, or 267 takes you to Northstar (I prefer N* in the summer though).

That definitely is very doable with the right road conditions. During the summer I can make it to N* in just over 3 hours if I leave early in the morning and I live in Foster City.

J

JRB

It takes an hour from Austin to Dallas. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours to Reno. From Reno it seemed like about 35 or 40 minutes to N*. Not sure really. It costs a lot in "gas money" to do it this way though.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
listening to how far you all are from a mountain makes me think about how lucky I am to live 15 minutes from one (even though it is just a small one with crappy snow most of the time). :D