Quantcast

Snowshoe 2021

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
hart made it past the first split, lucas and daprela past the second. hope everyone is OK
Other than Dean, they are protected riders, so where do they start tomorrow?

If it's supposed to rain late in the day.......

Looks Luke Wyn, Charlie, Neko and Sherlock failed to qualify :(

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Looks like Charlie Harrison lost a ton of time in the last section. Don't think he's protected(?), but a shame if he can't tomorrow given how well he rides this track.

Also, it's great to see Cathro qualifying but it has to be demoralizing to see if you're one of the full time riders on the circuit who he's beating, like a Neko, Brayton, Fitzgerald, etc.

UnusualBread

Chimp
Nov 2, 2020
I'm wondering if suspension performance is providing a bit more of a comparative advantage/disadvantage on this physical double header where maintaining speed and control on rocky sections is key.

Visually, I know I'd rather be on the Ohlins setup haha.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Listening to the Downtime podcast they referenced that most of the top finishers were not on Fox and not on carbon bikes or wheels, the implication being that a little extra compliance might have been an advantage. Too many variables to say, but it's an interesting thought.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My money is on Vergier. He on fire.

I am always impressed on how he stays tucked whenever he can.
I'm wondering if suspension performance is providing a bit more of a comparative advantage/disadvantage on this physical double header where maintaining speed and control on rocky sections is key.

Visually, I know I'd rather be on the Ohlins setup haha.

Wasn't Bruni on Ohlins when he was winning everything?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah sounds like he might have broke his ankle.

And between that and his wheel explosion, might see the overall title slip right out from under him. Not the way anyone would want it to happen, I'm sure. :(

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Just watched the winning runs. Good to know that skinsuits are allowed once again!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I guess the east coast rox are really that gnarly. Feel bad for the dude. Err...sorry....where are my Euro Manners? "gutted" for the bro. My peeps in Boulder will be sending the healing vibes

Would love to see in person. Maybe next year? If covid isn't a factor....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
This is my call for the Win. Mr.Coulanges. I know all of you have been waiting and I thank you. Then Bruni,Wilson. Peace.
Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Watch the Raw2 vital vid.

My prediction is that if they go inside that tree, in the rock garden, before that service/fire road, they have a shot a winning. If they go outside, not so much. That turn seems super critical.

Special points for those that ride that root!

Thank goodness for the formula1 of MTB! :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Watch the Raw2 vital vid.

My prediction is that if they go inside that tree, in the rock garden, before that service/fire road, they have a shot a winning. If they go outside, not so much. That turn seems super critical.

Special points for those that ride that root!

Thank goodness for the formula1 of MTB! :)
I think it was Bernard who looked at that corner after race 1 and declared that going inside wasn't worth it. He did it for race 1. But ditched it for race 2.

Of course that could be him messing with the other racers, but it didn't feel that way.

Plus, in race 1, I don't think any of the to 3 went inside...

edited to add: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-breaking-down-the-snowshoe-world-cup-dh-race-2-course-with-ben-cathro-inside-the-tape.html

looks like the inside line can be quicker...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just turned the women's race on and there seems to be a course hold, sounds like one of the ladies has had a bad crash.