Quantcast

snowshoe 22-23?

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
I may go up for the race this coming weekend...camping is available over at silver creek right? And will anyone from here be heading that way?

As far as I know, there is still camping at Silver Creek but you might want to look up the mountain adventure center's phone number on the Snowshoe site just to be sure. Oh yeah, and pray it doesn't rain like it did the first race or camping is going to really suck. You may want to put some logs under the tent and strap them together to make a southern houseboat:D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Konabumm said:
When is the next SS race ?
This weekend. Blow work off on friday and come up and ride with us. Most of the people from Richmond that you met at the Mass. race are going up Thursday night and riding on Friday. Come on you know you want to. Come up and rent a big bike for the day.

Dennis

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
denjen said:
This weekend. Blow work off on friday and come up and ride with us. Most of the people from Richmond that you met at the Mass. race are going up Thursday night and riding on Friday. Come on you know you want to. Come up and rent a big bike for the day.

Dennis
I really want too, but I have my last road race this year at Mt. Nebo In pa. It's kind of a family thing so I'm doing that this weekend. Trust me I would much rather go downhill this race is nothing but climbing.

After this weekend when is the next one? I'm planning on doing the 3rd and 4th race.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
sounds like this one should have a good group going...now to see if the weather is gonna hold. Wait til the last minute, and if its lookin good, i may head up there.

Robusto

Monkey
Ill be there late Friday night, its gonna be me and my friend, and our parents, kind of a family thing I guess.. Ill be riding a red Ironhorse, and my friend will either be riding a p1 or a rental from the mac (time for him to buy a dh rig)... We're both new to DH, and have only done one other race.. We were up at Massanutten and up at Snowshoe for the washout... Hoping to meet some of you up there

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Robusto said:
Ill be there late Friday night, its gonna be me and my friend, and our parents, kind of a family thing I guess.. Ill be riding a red Ironhorse, and my friend will either be riding a p1 or a rental from the mac (time for him to buy a dh rig)... We're both new to DH, and have only done one other race.. We were up at Massanutten and up at Snowshoe for the washout... Hoping to meet some of you up there

Awesome man, Welcome to the sport!

We'll see ya up on the mountain!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
some of the windrock crew will be there to throwdown this weekend.

i'm looking forward to riding someplace different where the "foul up factor" is a little less intense.

i'm too darn old to camp.
i require a hot shower and a/c.
and the inn at snowshoe has a room with both just waiting.

i hope the weather co-operates this time, so the folks that put this on can get a good return on their effort.
and we can rip the livin snot out of their trails !!!