Snowshoe labor day weekend

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Anybody heading up this weekend?

The weather looks great. sunny and low 70's
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/26209?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Was there last weekend the trails were in pretty good shape except for all of the newly exposed loose rocks from all of the rain they are having.

Saw some new work on power line. The work they are doing on the pro corse is going to be sick. They are machining out the off camber section and cuting a new section to the left of the log drop. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend so we can help pack it down

XANDER

Monkey
Aug 21, 2007
Spendin' Chips at Manny's
Anybody heading up this weekend?

The weather looks great. sunny and low 70's
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/26209?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Was there last weekend the trails were in pretty good shape except for all of the newly exposed loose rocks from all of the rain they are having.

Saw some new work on power line. The work they are doing on the pro corse is going to be sick. They are machining out the off camber section and cuting a new section to the left of the log drop. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend so we can help pack it down

HELL YA!

Will see you Friday night home-slice.

beachbum

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
coastal nc
denjen, should be up saturday, enjoyed riding with you last weekend, they had that new section open sunday, much better. It's gonna be da bomb when brad and company are finished!

4x4extreme

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
WV
I have a newbie question about snowshoe I have never been to a freeride park

If there is a obstacle that you dont feel comfortable can you go around or do you have to hit it ?

I am still a newb but I want to ride snowshoe before it closes his year.

Thanks
Jacob

XANDER

Monkey
Aug 21, 2007
Spendin' Chips at Manny's

If there is a obstacle that you dont feel comfortable can you go around or do you have to hit it ?

Thanks
Jacob

Most do...and there's nice little signs too that give you a heads up of what is to come.

HTH

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

Thanks
Jacob
every drop up there on both sides has a ride around. There are only 2 or 3 bridges on the park side that you have to ride, but they dont end in drops

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Summer Operating Schedule 2007
June 1st - June 18th Open 3 days a week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Basin Lift and Western Shuttle

June 19th – September 4th Open 7 days a week
Basin Lift in operation 7 days
Western Shuttle in operation Friday, Saturday, Sunday only

September 7th – October 14th Open 3 days a week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Basin Lift and Western Shuttle

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
8 - 10 ft haha yeah pinkbike ft

thats about 6 feet
You are probably right. Pinkbike pics are always larger than life. Anyhow this is something I did not see last time up there. Well at least the weather should be nice for a few days.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
You are probably right. Pinkbike pics are always larger than life. Anyhow this is something I did not see last time up there. Well at least the weather should be nice for a few days.
dont think it had been put up until after mem. day weekend

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
First of all SON don't call me boy. Second, until you hit it like a man you will still be it's bitch! So get a pair instead of buying bigger vehicles to make up for all your short comings and being the KING OF DOUCHE BAGS! Come down to the Burg for some riding lessons any time. We'll go easy on ya!!!!!

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Don't talk to me about hitting it like a man Pink Bike Boy
Whoa konaBUMM, stand down brotha. I don't know who you think you are talking like that to the baxter man. I don't see why you feel the need to rain on poor CLos parade. Who gives a crap about the height of the drop. If you can't see that tranny's ability to carry anybody any further down than 6ft then thats you're deal. Get out of here with your negativity.

And really, you don't drive a hummer do you?

:bonk:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
First of all SON don't call me boy. Second, until you hit it like a man you will still be it's bitch! So get a pair instead of buying bigger vehicles to make up for all your short comings and being the KING OF DOUCHE BAGS! Come down to the Burg for some riding lessons any time. We'll go easy on ya!!!!!
hey there, i don't know if you realize who you're talking to. this is no ordinary guy... he got THIRD in some sport class DH race! YEAH MUTHA$%@#R!!!! This red-blooded patriot was out in the village bar the night before hittin' on da ladeez and doing some world class chest thumping. He has more testosterone in his left pocket than all of us combined.

Definitely no mere mortal. And he has optical lasers in his eyes that can gauge height and distance from 2 miles away. So BACK OFF!

:brows:

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
WTF? Well I just got back from Snowshoe and the conditions were the best I have ever seen there. I hit the HIT IT LIKE A MAN DROP, like a man trying to prove a point & it hits back!!! I think you can make about a 8-10 ft dop if you go fast (which I did) but I really don't know cause I don't carry a tape measure when I ride. Yes thats the worst drop i have hit at SS and the lander is very $hitty. I fully pancaked the suspension on both ends 8"+ 8.5" set for 190 lbs rider worse than I ever have, and thats not even a big drop. Mattoid I don't think comments posted were ment for me cause I don't know any of these guys. But I will say that drops lander sux!! besides that it was a great weekend.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
AGREED! It's a flat landing just like the majority of their trails. How was powerline? That's my favorite when it's not full of water! That is the only trail I like anymore. Be cool if they fix the lake problem:D

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Top parts of powerline were taped off, but what was not was fast and dry. There were some newer jumps starting on ball & jack but they ended before you got to powerline. The WC had a new route you could take on it and there is a new Road Gap that was taped off right at the entrance of upper hairball. I would say a 30ft gap give or take 5 ft. but thats just a guess. Hairball is still Hairball( fun but it makes my hands tired)and the whole western side is fun. The bike park side was fun too, no water puddles anywhere. I did see one guy get taken out by paramedics who came up short on the largest of the wooden drops by the bikeshop on the bike park side. I was told he cased the lip on the lander and face planted (broke throught his full face) I don't know how you could come up short on that but he did. I hate to see that happen to anybody and hope that the guy is OK. Overall it was a very good time for me though.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
ok sorry dude, maybe the pink bike boy was a tad out of line - my apologies