Quantcast

SNOWSHOE!!!!!! lookin good!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
ruh roh... i'm there thats all i gots to say. (mentally taking wintergreen season pass money and holding it for snowshoe season pass instead)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jeez...that looks awesome. I've never been there because all the races that I've considered were just after or during downpours, but I would love to make the trek after things dry up a bit this Summer.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
just the fact that they have a mtb subdomain sez that they actually want to promote bikes. (unlike WG, where we were treated like basterd stepchilluns)

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Man, I go home after work, don't touch a computer again till this morning and a lot of stuff about Snowshoe popped up super quick.

Anyways, things are moving along nicely here and trail building will take place again this weekend. If you would like to volunteer to help build trails, contact Dave Huber (Adventure/Mountain Bike Manager) at dhuber@snowshoemtn.com. He is running the bike program and the volunteer program this summer, so he can give you all the details and set you up with a lot of cool offerings. For example, we are trading work time for season passes and other goodies.

We are definitely committed to making Snowshoe the best place to ride in the area. Trails are popping up, the mountain x course will be killer, the Freeride Festival will be an awesome time, and the weather.............well, I can't make any promises there, you know how it can be sometimes! If you've never been to Snowshoe or it has been a long time (or if you have only been up here for the NCS) there will be no better time or excuse than to come up this summer and enjoy.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
for you guys that live in the dc metro area, do you go to snowshoe and back in one day or do you stay overnight?

we used to do this in highschool, wake up at 4 am go snowboard all day, come back at like 11 pm. It was a stretch to make it in one day...

just curious.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
just the fact that they have a mtb subdomain sez that they actually want to promote bikes. (unlike WG, where we were treated like basterd stepchilluns)
Yeah but will SS have Bulgarian QuickieMart (tm) hostesses?

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by jmvar
for you guys that live in the dc metro area, do you go to snowshoe and back in one day or do you stay overnight?

we used to do this in highschool, wake up at 4 am go snowboard all day, come back at like 11 pm. It was a stretch to make it in one day...

just curious.
i'm planning on making several weekend trips. any Monkeys interested in pitching on and sharing a house a couple weekends? if so, lets pick some dates and start planning.
i'll take the lead on reservations...

ben

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Its about time you mofo's realised Snowshoe was the place to be. I have been saying that for years. Hope to see you all up there this summer. I will be up there the first two weekends they are open and the 4 days for NORBA , cant wait.

For those of you looking for places to stay I found this the other day. The summer rates are pretty good if you have a group.

http://www.snowshoevacationrentals.com/pricing.cfm

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Lexx,
The lift that services the Freeride Park trails (Ballhooter Lift) on the basin side of the mountain runs 7 days a week during the summer. The lift that services the Western Territory where I dh race courses are only runs during select events and once the downhill season starts in September. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Originally posted by Hulkamaniac
The lift that services the Western Territory where I dh race courses are only runs during select events and once the downhill season starts in September. Let me know if you have any other questions.
What about the shuttles? I thought I read somewhere that they run all week?