Quantcast

Snowshoe Opening Weekend Pics/Report

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
After work and other commitments forced me to skip the U.S. Open this weekend, I decided to head to Snowshoe for their opening weekend. It ended up being a terrific time with tons of good riding, good friends, and sweet pics. I got there on Friday afternoon and managed to get about seven runs in on the Basin side. Trails were in good shape, but not buffed to the point of being a dirt highway. They were still pretty gnarly, which is how I like it. Big shout out to the trail crew. Rode a mix of the Western side and Basin side the rest of the weekend. On Sunday I accomplished a big goal for me by hitting the top road gap on the Western side. However after casing it a bit the first two times, I got super squirrely upon landing my third trip down and ate all kinds of sh*t. After that I was pretty much done so we packed it up.

Now on to what I'm sure everybody really cares about, awesome pictures! My non-riding friends came up to shoot pics for the weekend, so if you like what you see, give some positive feedback so I can convince them to come back for the races.

I'm only including a portion of them here, many of them of me. However there are many more, and the rest can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mongo_gmoney/sets/72157618792070714/. If you were riding Raging Bull on Saturday or the road gap on western Sunday, then odds are there is a shot of you. If you want to buy a full-size pic, there's info on the link. The full size shots are enormous; there's one of me linked on the set.

On the way

Me on Raging Bull

Various others on Raging Bull

Road Gap on Sunday
Me

Others

Ha

On the lift

Random

Again, there are several more shots at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mongo_gmoney/sets/72157618792070714/. Hope you enjoyed!

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Man I had an awesome time at SS this past weekend. Awesome pics! I was on the lift when the guy in the bibs hit the road gap - it was incredibly badass. :D

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
awesome write-up dude!

I will be there ASAhumanlyP. hopefully G&M will be there the weekends that I'm able to make it. I would love some killer pictures like those!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
awesome write-up dude!

I will be there ASAhumanlyP. hopefully G&M will be there the weekends that I'm able to make it. I would love some killer pictures like those!
Dude let me know when you can make it and we'll try to work something out. I'm sure between now and closing weekend we can find some time we're all free.

S

seespotendo

so your the guy that was riding the other faith. I was riding the blue faith. and thanks for posting these up.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
no doubt...

how'd you crash off that gapper...mega case?

As loose as the turn before it is, you'd be hard pressed to overshoot that gap, so to me the ideal speed is simply as fast as you can get going.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Man I had an awesome time at SS this past weekend. Awesome pics! I was on the lift when the guy in the bibs hit the road gap - it was incredibly badass. :D

Stoked SOMEONE saw that. Right before he did it there was like a 10-man bro crew cheering at the gap, then when he got down there everybody was gone.

Gotta wonder if the bibs would even have held up in the event of a crash...

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
no doubt...

how'd you crash off that gapper...mega case?

As loose as the turn before it is, you'd be hard pressed to overshoot that gap, so to me the ideal speed is simply as fast as you can get going.
No that was actually the one time I didn't come up about a foot or so short, like I had been doing. As far as I could tell I just didn't match the tranny very good and came down rear first. Combine that with an over-sprung rear end and it just bucked me too hard to hang on to. Kind of a newb-type crash I suppose.