Quantcast

Snowshoe Opening Weekend Roll Call

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Well, given the amount of discussion SS has gotten over the past few weeks, I'm interested in knowing how many of you plan on going to opening weekend now. I'll be there, but I won't be able to make it Friday.(graduation) Hope to see a lot of you guys there, and if you see me, try to refrain from vomit-imitation.(I'm looking at you, konabumm)

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I more then likely will not attend:( ,do to the knee thing) and do not think it will be ready for the DH/FR stuff yet? My plan is to make it to the 1st race and ride then.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
If the western lift is only running during race weekends, then I'll probably only visit SS 1x or 0x this year. Eastern side too short, shuttles too slow. Would like to visit more often because I like the setting and the long rocky western trails.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Will be there Thursday night as well with JeffKill and about 14 other riders.
There is a possible of 10 in my group. with 5-7 more coming up from richmond. 2 bus's might not be enough. I hate when they start piling bikes on top of other bikes on the trailer.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Will be there Thursday night as well with JeffKill and about 14 other riders.

Haha... I wonder. Does your buddy Jeff have a brother that rides as well? John maybe?

I'm heading up there with my buddy Rob (7pt7) and a bunch of his friends. Wonder if you are part of that group?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Haha... I wonder. Does your buddy Jeff have a brother that rides as well? John maybe?

I'm heading up there with my buddy Rob (7pt7) and a bunch of his friends. Wonder if you are part of that group?
Yep we'll be seeing you next week. When do you fly in? Gonna be a good time regardless. This sh!t with the lift sux, but oh well, we will have a good group up there. Looking forward to meeting you.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'll be there friday with a crew from the Re:cycles bike shop (Greensboro NC). This will be my first trip to SS for something other than snowboarding. 4 days of rippen DH and making mad photos, oh my dang I'm stoked.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I guess that means we will be buying Beer before we go up then right? :rofl: At $5 a beer at the FoxFire it could cost us a DH bike before we know it.

Anyone throwing a RideMonkey Party? I will be glad to bring BEER!!!!
We could call one for Saturday night, where we all meet at the Foxfire at a certain time, or other locale.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well, given the amount of discussion SS has gotten over the past few weeks, I'm interested in knowing how many of you plan on going to opening weekend now. I'll be there, but I won't be able to make it Friday.(graduation) Hope to see a lot of you guys there, and if you see me, try to refrain from vomit-imitation.(I'm looking at you, konabumm)
stop looking at me - you brought this upon - yo ur - -- RALFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

self

PArty bOy

Ralllllllffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
haha, perhaps I should rephrase that. No "margaritas" that turn out to be grain alcohol. Ask Mr-I-sleep-in-Hummers...that stuff was pure gasoline.

Anyway, I don't know if any fo you guys were down there for the first monster park when we had a massive bonfire in the gravel parking lot at silvercreek. SS security came by, everybody bailed, he looked around at the fire for a minute, and then just drove off. Nothing more ever came of it. I think that sometimes they are even ok with bonfires if it isn't too dry. If that's the case the offical RideMonkey party should be an outdoor affair.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
haha, perhaps I should rephrase that. No "margaritas" that turn out to be grain alcohol. Ask Mr-I-sleep-in-Hummers...that stuff was pure gasoline.

Anyway, I don't know if any fo you guys were down there for the first monster park when we had a massive bonfire in the gravel parking lot at silvercreek. SS security came by, everybody bailed, he looked around at the fire for a minute, and then just drove off. Nothing more ever came of it. I think that sometimes they are even ok with bonfires if it isn't too dry. If that's the case the offical RideMonkey party should be an outdoor affair.
Like I said - It was DAMN good. Had you got the girl and her friend to drink one or two more of those and they would have gone back to you're room 4 SURE

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Yeah, not only that, but the only thing that would have happened had i got them back to my room would've been them having the distinct pleasure of watching me fall out of the truck, semi-crawl up the stairs, and then pass out on the couch using a fitted sheet for a blanket. This is how the rest of my night went, as best I can piece together.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Bump, and glad to see several people are still coming. How many of you guys got season passes this year? The early season pass deal which included a free race or whatever seems like an awesome deal(which i took advantage of).

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
FCLinder-If you're comin up by yourself and need some ridin partners, PM me. I'm only about 2 and half hours away. Be warned though, I'm slower than an iron toad.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yep, thats us.
sup Jeff?
Been a while since I was out there last. This time I've got the big bike though, not some wimpy 4.5in XC bike.

So how is Rob on the 7pt. Last time I rode anything big with him, he had the Yeti.

I've been riding a bunch lately, but mostly trail rides. The climbing fitness is there, but I'm a little out of DH shape. I'm sure it will be fine either way.

i'm flying out to Philly tonight to see the parents for a few days, then Wed to Charlotte. Can't wait!! :thumb: