Quantcast

Snowshoe Race 1 Role Call

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
This post will probably only be semi-coherent, due to some high-powered pain pills (see my post in the "western lift open this weekend for explanation) . But, who's gonna be at the first race this weekend? Anybody comin up early? I'll be there Wednesday, but due to aforementioned pain, I might not be riding quite that soon.

Edit: See thread title for instance of "semi-coherence"

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I should be there....well, if I can get my exhaust fixed on my truck in time.....fell off Friday night, have been going round-n-round with with a few mechanics since just trying to get it fixed. It kept me from going up this weekend, as it's just way to loud to tolerate for any length of time!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
if I have my bicycle built!
Awesome!

***cough***cough***cough***rear drop outs***cough***cough***cough***

:p

:D

Dude, we have to do a run together....I'll have 2 tires for ya too....and as far a your knew bike is concerned... :picsstfu: :D

I plan on leaving early on Thursday morning and getting there in time to ride! I'm there to ride, all 4 days.....the race is just something to do on Sunday before going home! :D

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
I will be leaving Thursday. My wife and one year old daughter will be making the trip with me. As such I trust SirKnight6 and anyone else that we hung out with opening weekend will use discretion when discussing the festivities of that weekend. That would include refraining from laughing if you were to overhear me say to my wife "I did not know they serve beer at Foxfire" or "l never noticed that bar before at The Junction." Seriously though, opening weekend was a blast and I am looking forward to this weekend.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Something tells me that discretion will be used on a very limited basis, considering that the statute of limitations on the "margarita my slippers" incident appears to be about 3 years.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I'm leaving mid day Friday, getting there Friday evening and leaving late Monday. I'll probably ride the Eastern side on Monday.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I will be leaving Thursday. My wife and one year old daughter will be making the trip with me. As such I trust SirKnight6 and anyone else that we hung out with opening weekend will use discretion when discussing the festivities of that weekend. That would include refraining from laughing if you were to overhear me say to my wife "I did not know they serve beer at Foxfire" or "l never noticed that bar before at The Junction." Seriously though, opening weekend was a blast and I am looking forward to this weekend.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahhhh.....at this time I would like to invoke my 5th and 14th Amendment rights...and furthermore, I have no recollection of the alleged witnessing of the aforementioned incidents, had it in fact had, or had not happened. Any implication thereof, henceforth and hereto after is purey speculation.

:)

;)

:D

Cool!!!! Glad she'll be there....Sandy will be there Friday, so they can certainly hang out (shop) together. :thumb:

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Where is the schedule of practices, lift openings, and start times? Or at least a vague idea of them.
The bike park schedule would be a good place to start. Practice usually runs from mid-morning til 4 or 5. The races last year started between 11 and noon.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
found the schedule:
http://www.snowshoemtn.com/todo/events/calendar/june/mountain_bike_race_series_I.htm

Friday, June 29, 2007
5p - 9p Registration - Depot
5p - 9p Happy Hour/Cookout at the Junction

Saturday, June 30, 2007
8a - 3p Registration Depot
10a - 3p DH practice All Classes
3p - 4p DH practice Elite only
4p - 6p Dual Slalom Practice - Skidder Slope
5p - 9p Happy Hour and Cookout - Junction
6p - 8p Dual Slalom Race Skidder Slope
9p Movie Series - Village
10p Late night at the Junction. Happy Hour prices all night long

Sunday, July 01, 2007
8a - 9:30a Registration The Depot
9a - 10p Intro and amateur practice
10a - 11a DH practice Elite only
11:30a - 7p DJ - Arbuckles
11:30a Downhill Race starts
4p - 6p Dual Slalom Practice - Skidder Slope
6p - 8p Dual Slalom Race - Skidder Slope

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Just some e-speculation, but the past couple years they've done the Pro course as the first race of the year. I am guessing it will be some variation of that again this year.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Cool. That's probably my favorite run on the mountain. That bulls-eye log drop gets slicker than greased owl sh!t when it rains though.

Can't wait to get there. Leaving tomorrow morning. Look for the guy with the two black eyes. That's me. Try not to laugh too hard.