Snowshoe Weather Poll

How much rain are we going to get?

• Mild thunderstorms (say 2-4" of rain)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Strong thunderstorms that produce some localized flash flooding

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Non-stop thunderstorms and rain showers which produce widespread flooding

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A freak land-locked hurricane appears and dumps 50" of rain in a matter of hours

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Well, it's that time of year again...DH racing in a state that receives more rainfall than the average South American rain forest...Thusly, I thought it appropriate that we get a handle on exactly what to expect this weekend...

Can't wait :)

Btw, I also love how all the major weather services (i.e. weather channel, wunderground, & intellicast) are calling for serious rain events pretty much all weekend, meanwhile the Snowshoe "forecast" listed on their website throws out an intentionally vague "partly cloudy with lows around 60* and highs around 80*"...I guess 'partly cloudy' covers a lot of ground :rofl:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
jackalope said:
Btw, I also love how all the major weather services (i.e. weather channel, wunderground, & intellicast) are calling for serious rain events pretty much all weekend, meanwhile the Snowshoe "forecast" listed on their website throws out an intentionally vague "partly cloudy with lows around 60* and highs around 80*"...I guess 'partly cloudy' covers a lot of ground :rofl:
Hehehe.."resort" weather is never bad.

Also if you look closely at Weather.com Snowshoe forecast it says "As reported from Elkins, WV." Elkin's is 50 miles to the north and in a valley, the weather there is nowhere close to Snowshoe's. Heck, I've seen three different kinds of weather just at different elevations of the mountain. The NOAA website offers the most accurate picture of the weather there.

"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful!" - Jimmy Buffet.

Bring yer mud tyres!!

Mike

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You just have to add up the percentages.
If the weather says that Snowshoe has a 30% chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of rain on Saturday, and a 40% chance of rain on Sunday then it means that:
There is 100% chance that it is gonna monsoon on your azz all weekend. Giddy up.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
FCLinder said:
Have better fath man!!!

Well it is June and the forecast is 80% rain for tomorrow. :agree: Yeap it should be dry. :rofl:

BTW How is your friend doing? Are you still going to the race?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Gyro said:
It's been crazy dry here lately. Last week snowshoe was actually dusty.

If the weather holds, we're in for a mud-free race.
man, as close as you live to the place. you should know enough not to say something like that outloud.:)