Quantcast

So I got into a political debate with my repiblican girlfriend

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
and really her arguments just made no sense, she kept bringing up freedom, and how bad abortion is. As much as I tried to respect what she said, she was being flat out dumb. Making no real arguments just listing off talking points from fox news that are far from fact base.
Now I figured it was just her, being that she's not super smart.

Later that day we were at her house and she decided to restart our debate with her father and 2 of his friends. Once again I got a bunch of nonsensical talking points based on lies, complete misinterpretations of facts, ignoring of facts, with a dose of "love your country, and freedom" in there.

I understand how some one can call themselves a conservative, but I have really come to the conclusion that if you can be a "republican" and you make less than 250K a year, you really are just a moron.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
and really her arguments just made no sense, she kept bringing up freedom, and how bad abortion is. As much as I tried to respect what she said, she was being flat out dumb. Making no real arguments just listing off talking points from fox news that are far from fact base.

Later that day we were at her house and she decided to restart our debate with her father and 2 of his friends. Once again I got a bunch of nonsensical talking points based on lies, complete misinterpretations of facts, ignoring of facts, with a dose of "love your country, and freedom" in there.

I understand how some one can call themselves a conservative, but I have really come to the conclusion that if you can be a "republican" and you make less than 250K a year, you really are just a moron.
Your last paragraph shows some insight, although I'd probably up that number closer to the million range...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Your last paragraph shows some insight, although I'd probably up that number closer to the million range...
Silver, the one's in the category you mentioned (and especially farther up) have done a really good of brainwashing the ones only making 5 figures.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have lots of friends on all sides of the spectrum.

One thing I don't do is bait them.

Yeah, your g/f is young and her parents are stupid. But I would show them a modicum of respect.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The last thing my father told me when he dropped me off at college (in South Carolina) was "don't get into an argument with anyone down here about politics or religion." He couldn't have been more right, there were so many times at partys or in class when I would here some silver spoon'd southerner talking politics or religion and I would want to jump in so badly but they would have just beaten me up with stupidity.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007

So your making how much over $250K/year now?

If a girl is dumb enough to date you, what makes you think that she's going to have a clue about politics?

Then I seriously hope you kids are using protection...
Pulling out in time? I sure as fvck hope so..

The Dems are so much better & more honest than the GOP... They are both crooks & liars... To think otherwise just shows your ignorance.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Then I seriously hope you kids are using protection...
Oh god yes, she says she's on the pill and I still wrap it up EVERY TIME
So your making how much over $250K/year now?

If a girl is dumb enough to date you, what makes you think that she's going to have a clue about politics?
None, my point is the only time it's beneficial to vote republican is when you make heaps of cash.

You should "accidentally" get her all preggered up and see how she talks then.
NNNNOOOOOOO way in hell am I ganna do that. She went to a christian school, she LOVES jesus. But she still puts out so I don't mind

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
NNNNOOOOOOO way in hell am I ganna do that. She went to a christian school, she LOVES jesus. But she still puts out so I don't mind
Just get it while the gettin is good cause trust me when I say that you are not gonna be able to hack it for long with a girl like that.

Whatever you do don't show her this.

Oh, also don't try to win the abortion argument by reminding her that premarital sex is on the list of mortal sins so therefore, just as bad as abortion lol

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Just get it while the gettin is good cause trust me when I say that you are not gonna be able to hack it for long with a girl like that.

Whatever you do don't show her this.

Oh, also don't try to win the abortion argument by reminding her that premarital sex is on the list of mortal sins so therefore, just as bad as abortion lol
hahaha, I know. She's pretty hot, and the pussy is GREAT. The fact that she isn't ganna last but more than a few months doesn't matter to me. I'm 21, I don't want a wife right now

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You should belong to whichever political party can inspire you to actually spell a work correctly for once in your life.

This thread reminds me of the abortion episode of "Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
At age 21 you shouldnt identify with one party or another. You have no idea who you are yet, or who you are going to be. Just sayin...

I love the abortion debate. Go ahead, eliminate abortion. The same dittoheaded morons who want to do that want to make welfare go away. No abortion = more kids running about. No welfare = more crime as parents try to feed said unwanted kids, or kids try to feed themselves. Plus up to that the medical expenses incurred by unisured unwanted kids (Because socialized medicine in all its forms is evil too...) and their is millions in unpaid Dr Man bills, possibly negatively effecting the rich folks insurance premiums, cuz Mds need to be paid too...

Man, I drank too much coffee today...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
At work, I am the target of 4 different conservatives, an Annapolis graduate who is a proud teabagger, a very surprising conservative who owns ABO2012.com (Anybody But Obama, and the surprise is he is married to a black woman), a Vietnam Special Forces veteran who is particularly tuned into the markets, and a "Let's shoot them first, then ship them back to Mexico" crank.

First thing is that my workplace is very pleasant, so we can joke about opposing viewpoints. For example, the Vietnam Vet is charge of our change control, and I told him because I believe in anarchy, I just make changes without filing a request. A passing co-worker proceeded to cover the Vet's ears to protect him from my heresy.

I have to stay sharp in order to debate with my "Axis of Evil" as I call them. I also listen to what they have to say, and I read into their opinions.

I'm more knowledgeable and a better debater as well.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
At age 21 you shouldnt identify with one party or another. You have no idea who you are yet, or who you are going to be. Just sayin...
I wouldn't be so sure about that, the young man seems to have picked up that you can be conservative minded without being a Republican.

Now, nudies of the GF, moo shoo

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I dated a republican girl from a republican family once.

Never again.

Her dad used to announce that Bill O'Reilly was the only one who would tell it like it is. He also owned a lot of guns, though, so I didn't pick fights with him.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At work, I am the target of 4 different conservatives, an Annapolis graduate who is a proud teabagger, a very surprising conservative who owns ABO2012.com (Anybody But Obama, and the surprise is he is married to a black woman), a Vietnam Special Forces veteran who is particularly tuned into the markets, and a "Let's shoot them first, then ship them back to Mexico" crank.

First thing is that my workplace is very pleasant, so we can joke about opposing viewpoints. For example, the Vietnam Vet is charge of our change control, and I told him because I believe in anarchy, I just make changes without filing a request. A passing co-worker proceeded to cover the Vet's ears to protect him from my heresy.

I have to stay sharp in order to debate with my "Axis of Evil" as I call them. I also listen to what they have to say, and I read into their opinions.

I'm more knowledgeable and a better debater as well.
While this is commendable, it should be noted that your not fvcking any of them. That changes everything.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Tell her that the pill is an abortifacient because it prevents a fertilized embryo (or blastula) from implanting itself on the uterine wall. Ask her how many babies she's killed and if she is prepared to answer to them when she gets to heaven? :rofl:
No, cause then I get no pussy. The abortion debate is the only one I wont get that into with her. It's one of her only opinions I can actually respect

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
While this is commendable, it should be noted that your not fvcking any of them. That changes everything.
I am really a counter-puncher, so they have to start with me first.

For example, one time I mentioned bike lanes in San Fran to the "Let's Shoot Them" crank, and he segues to a diatribe about how liberals foolishly believe in personal equality.

I let him go on for a couple of minutes, then I tell him "Actually, I don't believe in equality, because I think I am better than you"

And there are some conversations I won't participate in, like when the Naval Academy graduate told me that he thought Dick Cheney is a great man.

I won't respond to comments like that because I do have to work with this guy.