Quantcast

So, I got my hands on a copy of modern warfare 2

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It didn't take long to beat the story line. I played on the hardest level for a few hours a day and I beat it :( Online play is fun...still haven't tried the special ops section. I was trying ton convince the wife to play split screen with me...she would have none of it :rolleyes:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It didn't take long to beat the story line. I played on the hardest level for a few hours a day and I beat it :( Online play is fun...still haven't tried the special ops section. I was trying ton convince the wife to play split screen with me...she would have none of it :rolleyes:
spec ops is pretty fun too, especially when playing on 3 stars.
i was also pretty dissapointed on the single player game. 4 hrs is way too short for the "most anticipated sequel"

Hey. Just did a couple of hours on x box and have been waiting for the sequel for sometime now, dissapointd or excited cant make my mind up yet. Is it me or as the game speeded up. **** i am exhausted. The snowmobie ride and running and shooting through the brazilian getto gave me a headache ,
or maybe i think i am ripping through this game to fast and dont want it to end after a few hours of play like world at war.
Anyone know how many missions there are ?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
This game seems much faster than previous versions. Free for all? Forget it. Gunned down every 2 seconds.

For me, this game is frusterating as hell. I don't know if more people are playing or more people are obsessed with getting good? Even Team Deathmatch, which I mostly play, I get F'N smoked left and right. I guess everyone does, but I use to be in the top 3 at the end of every game in COD4 and WAW. Now I have a terrible K/D ratio and my accuracy is 13%

Plus I wonder this. You know your sitting there and peeking around a corner and all of a sudden BAM your dead and you get that rush and the heart pounding. I'm wondering if repetitive incidents of this happening (every 3 seconds for 2 hours straight) is good for you?

I'm on the fence whether I should toss the whole XBOX. I don't have the time to get really good and the system ranks you on your level, not your stats, which I think sucks.

I need to play with people that suck. If you suck, like I do, add me. I'm usually on after 9pm EST

XBL : superfroot5000

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
This game seems much faster than previous versions. Free for all? Forget it. Gunned down every 2 seconds.

For me, this game is frusterating as hell. I don't know if more people are playing or more people are obsessed with getting good? Even Team Deathmatch, which I mostly play, I get F'N smoked left and right. I guess everyone does, but I use to be in the top 3 at the end of every game in COD4 and WAW. Now I have a terrible K/D ratio and my accuracy is 13%

Plus I wonder this. You know your sitting there and peeking around a corner and all of a sudden BAM your dead and you get that rush and the heart pounding. I'm wondering if repetitive incidents of this happening (every 3 seconds for 2 hours straight) is good for you?
i smoke some marijuana to bring my adrenaline level down.

try Headquarters. its a easy way to bring your XP level up and isnt as crazy at TDM or free for all.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I also wonder if it's good to be playing on a 56" high def widescreen. I mean my rooms not big enough and I have to sometimes it seems turn my head to look to the left and right.

Headquarters seems as if it would be worse, everybody in the same location getting smoked and smoking eveyrone.

I wish I could smoke weed, it has the opposite effect on me than eveyrone else. I use to smoke 1oz a week, but my brain snapped and it started giving me panic attacks. Sucks cause I love the smell of the stuff.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I also wonder if it's good to be playing on a 56" high def widescreen. I mean my rooms not big enough and I have to sometimes it seems turn my head to look to the left and right.

Headquarters seems as if it would be worse, everybody in the same location getting smoked and smoking eveyrone.

I wish I could smoke weed, it has the opposite effect on me than eveyrone else. I use to smoke 1oz a week, but my brain snapped and it started giving me panic attacks. Sucks cause I love the smell of the stuff.
the bigger the screen the better. im either playing on my 56", 42" or 70" set...the 70" can get nauseating though.

the trick to HQ is not to stand in the HQ all the time, or you will get smoked.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm having some of the same probs as Knuckleslammer. Of course, I haven't played much and am only at rank 18 but it always matches me up with dudes that are over 50 and they smoke my ass.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Yeah it blows. I'm getting far too pissed off when I play this game, which is why I urge anyone else that sucks to add me and if we get enough people we can start a SUCK clan or host our own matches with other people that SUCK.
I agree with you on your previous post. I can't go without 3 seconds in this game without getting smoked. People must have played this 24/7 to unlock all the good shyt. thermal scopes, heart rate sensors - wtf i'll never get that stuff.

I'd join you online if I played on the xbox. I play PC.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its really not that hard. have you guys played other FPS before?
it took me only a couple of days w/ a few hours each day to get to level 31

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
its really not that hard. have you guys played other FPS before?
it took me only a couple of days w/ a few hours each day to get to level 31
The last FPS I played was Socom for the PS2. Perhaps I will get better with the mouse controls, but I really don't have much time to play (1-3 hours/week).

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Leveling up your weapons is a big deal. Choose one you like at the beginning and stick with it. I like the m4a1 at the beginning, decent range and fire rate with being relatively accurate. Once your custom loadouts are open, create classes for that weapon, at the beginning. Combine that with stopping power. Try to explore the levels in private matches to learn where you can run to and recover, and also where high traffic areas are. Once you know the high traffic areas, find the spots where you can get clean shots at them. Also become good at playing in a certain area of the map before you run around aimlessly. try to cut down sight lines on you by using edges of the map to cover one side so that you have a smaller range of area that shots can come from at you. Once you get some of the upgrades, build a class with a silencer, and one with red dot, or bling it and create a class with each. Use steady aim and stopping power at the beginning.

If you feel like you are being killed because of weapon loadouts, use the copycat deathstreak to use the same loadout as the guy that killed you.

Many players rely way too much on the UAV and heartbeat sensors in this game. You can do some real damage with cold blooded and ninja perks with a silenced weapon once you learn nuances of the levels. If you drop into wasteland, be prepared to be wiped out unless you have a sniper rifle with a thermal scope. There are some mint spots to snipe from on that level if you have a thermal equipped sniper rifle.

Free for all is a gong show in this game. Especially on the rust level.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
just bought the game a week ago and it's ok but I think once I finish all the spec ops I'm going to turn it in the ebgames...looks like I'm still hooked on rainbow six vegas 2....D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
just bought the game a week ago and it's ok but I think once I finish all the spec ops I'm going to turn it in the ebgames...looks like I'm still hooked on rainbow six vegas 2....D
i want to get it but just for the single player. I started having fun with COD4 but then left4dead 2 came out and i'm hoox0rzed.