Quantcast

So, I made a new video......

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Cool vid. That looks like some really fun riding. I especially liked the dog chasing after the guys after they went over the log jump. And I assume that's you taking the nasty spill at the end? Looked pretty painful.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mobius said:
he nose dived and got owned. rusty trombone style.
yeah, i saw that :p . i mean, did he break his collarbone or what?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dexterq20 said:
Cool vid. That looks like some really fun riding. I especially liked the dog chasing after the guys after they went over the log jump. And I assume that's you taking the nasty spill at the end? Looked pretty painful.

Yeah, Angus is the Trail Dog. He is always there :)

Yep, thats me, and it was pretty nasty. I got two faint black eyes, and lots of bruises on my forehead from the padding in my helmet. I did get up and walk away from it though, after being on the ground for a while.

Toshi said:
what happened to the guy at the end?
See Above :)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
chicodude01 said:
What the hell was that song? It was funny as hell.

"lets get retarded in here"

Its the Black Eyed Peas They are pretty cool, you should check them out :)

Toshi said:
yeah, i saw that :p . i mean, did he break his collarbone or what?
Nope, nothing broken. Just like Mobius said, I got own3d. Small concussion, Helmet saved my life.

If anyone ever comes up to ride it, stay to the LEFT of the chainring, and for gods sake, PULL UP!

(What really happened is that it was my first day back coming off my broken hand, and I was mentally prepared for it, just not physically)

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Very nice vid, very fun looking spot!

I let out an audible "ugh!" as you (Bigmike) went off the drop... knew it was not going to end well. Glad to hear that you survived w/out too much damage.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Slugman said:
Very nice vid, very fun looking spot!

I let out an audible "ugh!" as you (Bigmike) went off the drop... knew it was not going to end well. Glad to hear that you survived w/out too much damage.
yeah, it was pretty scary to see live. it got really quiet, REAL quick... nothing like breaking in a newly healed wrist by landing on your head ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
whale said:
yeah, it was pretty scary to see live. it got really quiet, REAL quick... nothing like breaking in a newly healed wrist by landing on your head ;)

Hey, at least I swich it up a bit. And, if you look real close, you can see me tuck my hands as i'm falling :)

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
oh man, that was hilarious. Good work Mike, next sunday maybe the ownage will run the other way? :)

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
North Shore has really gain some major influence for the most of the mtb crew. It's cool but it must not be as a seperate part of our sport. Unity throught diversity is the key to the succes of our sport

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
ZoRo said:
North Shore has really gain some major influence for the most of the mtb crew. It's cool but it must not be as a seperate part of our sport. Unity throught diversity is the key to the succes of our sport

I couldnt agree more. That stunt is part of an alternate route on of of the DH runs, you turn right to get to it insted of hitting one of the logpile jumps on the run. Theoretically, it will just become part of the run, but its fun to session!

I like riding stunts, and I like riding DH, and I like Dirtjumping, and yes, I even like riding technical XC trails and some road. I think riding is an all encompassing sport, and to classify myself as ONLY a DHer or ONLY a Freerider would be dumb, because I like it all :thumb:

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Awesome vid Mike :thumb: .Oh and Mike easy Bro easy .I'd like to ride with you again someday so stop getting jacked up man.
Dan , no pads? you've just been moved to hero statice , or dumba$$ ,not sure which. ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bradical said:
Looked like a tech move. What else is at "the shed"? Just a dh/fr type place in VA? Looks fun, Cool video.
There are a lot of XC trails up there, most of the DH/FR stuff is pretty hush hush. The 'shed is where most of the DC locals go for their adrenaline rush. There is everything up there from High speed double track with jumps to really tech single track. Its a really fun place to ride and build.

We had a rider organized rider run race up there a while ago, this is just a little bit of one of the trails. (the most technical trail up there, that I have yet to clean....)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I have to get up there and ride with y'all some time.

Hey Mike, we have a 'natural' RT at Pocahontas. It's a drop off a huge log into a 8 foot deep halfpipe. If you hit it right you can get air off the other side. I've seen Jason's friend Chris do it.

Mike

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
Maaaaaybeeee........
I may have to wait for a further away transition. That thing is gonna mindf*** me for awhile
don't let it get the best of ya'. i "wrecked" on it 3 times before sort of cleaning it... luckily, my first fall didn't end up as bad as yours ;)

it will be sweet when the transition gets pushed back a few feet (like 5').

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I can't see getting up the gumption to risk a spill like that anytime soon, but props to you nuts that do. If I even managed to make it to the takeoff, I'm sure it would end for me at least as badly as it did for BM. Extra big props to him for hitting it up coming off an injury.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
llkoolkeg said:
I can't see getting up the gumption to risk a spill like that anytime soon, but props to you nuts that do. If I even managed to make it to the takeoff, I'm sure it would end for me at least as badly as it did for BM. Extra big props to him for hitting it up coming off an injury.
Aww... Thanks. That made me all mushy inside :)

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
couldnt watch your vid cuz i dont have my nice computer, but im making a video in class, Cant wait untill its dont so i can post it up here. It will have mammoth nationals, and a bunch of so cal riding.