Quantcast

so i want to race

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
i want to get into racing and i have no clue what to do! i went to the local tracks website http://emeryparkbmx.com/ and it is way to confusing for me. i have figured out that i need to hook up with the ABA to do anything at all but what else. just wondering if you guys could help out:thumb:

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Check your local track's race schedule and go there on race day. Find registration and let them know you're new. They'll get you started.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Emery Park BMX!! Do it! Yeah, you'll need to purchase an aba membership. I think you can do a year long or just a short term one to try it out. Just show up to the track on a race day with long pants, long sleeve shirt, and a helmet and they'll get you started.

Some info...

http://www.ababmx.com/index.php?page=newrider

I'm actually thinking about racing again. I've been trying to get some guys from work to join with me. I've heard the new simi valley track is really good.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
HAAAAA!!!! Emery Park, that's where it all started for me. Damn, must have been 1990. Im getting old.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Haha, I used to race at Emery Park every weekend. That track is easily the best in Kansas. What a small world.

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
I'm actually thinking about racing again. I've been trying to get some guys from work to join with me. I've heard the new simi valley track is really good.
im not far from simi right now as a matter of fact, tdy to edward afb, hotel in palmdale. any ideas of what to do while im here for three days

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
ok so here are some pics via the ole cell phone, better than my camera, of a ride i had out at emery park today.

this one turned out weird, kinda look like gumby

and then here are some of me just fvcking around, 180's on the berms and such, im volunteering for track clean up so i felt ok with doin it.

and of course the photographer gets credit

Last edited: