Quantcast

so i'm looking for a chain

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
a SS chain, that is. i'm interested in trying the Shadow chain, but $30 seems kinda high, given the price of other chains in the 3/32, 1/8 niche. so what are some other chains that i should look at? i'll be wrapped around a King Kog and e13 sprocket.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
buy my standard bmx chain 1/8"
$10 shipped
I had it around a 39t sprocket on a medium chainstay 26er" so it should work.
I used it maybe one or two months, switched out of hardtails and singlespeeds.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
What do you want in the chain? Strength? or maybe really smooth running? I guess for strength, any decent bmx chain. I agree that $30 is a little much for the Shadow chain, when other decent chains are like half that. Does Wipperman make a singlespeed chain? I've always heard good things about their stuff, but I doubt it would be as strong as a thick bmx chain.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
If you aren't running 1/8" c-ring and cog, don't go and run an 1/8" chain.
KMC and SRAM both make 3/32" SS chains.

Type NJS Chain in yahoo and see what comes up....likely the highest quality SS chains if that's what you are looking for.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
http://www.connexchain.com/

Wipperman makes the best chains ever! hands down. it is pretty much the chain of choice for all of the top track racers. and the only chain I will ever rock on my fixed gear road bike as I know that it will not break.....

I have broken just about every other brand and I cannot seem to break my Wipperman.....

BTW the amount of power that the top track racers are throwing down is pretty much a strong indicator of which chain to trust!