Quantcast

so, its that time of year again

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
starting to get dark prety soon now. what type of light have u all got for your bike for the winter.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
light n motion arc lipo as well but i have the big battery version. its bright and the best factory light that i have used. my only real complaint is that the light it very bluish white and this makes depth perception very hard.

the best light that i have ever used was one that consisted of "warm white" LEDs. every LED light that i have seen on the market is using pure white LEDs. the "warm" part in the part that HID light lack and that lack of that light is what kills the depth perception.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I use a Light and Motion ARC on the bars and Niterider TriNewt for the helmet. Light 'er up!

Now I have to dig them out of the boxes I stuffed them in during our move.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Jet Lites Phantom. Will probably pick up a LED flashlight of some type for a bar mount or make a DYI Dinotte style light. Although the Phantom has plenty of light at the moment. We'll see.

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
iv just baught a smart whight light for trail riding. just duct tape a tourch to my head. seams to work very well and alot cheaper than buying specialy made helmet lights

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I'm trying to decide what lupine to purchase. I used my boss' a couple times this summer and they are super bright. but expensive and a lil heavy

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I'm trying to decide what lupine to purchase. I used my boss' a couple times this summer and they are super bright. but expensive and a lil heavy
Tesla if you are getting a decent discount, something else otherwise since they are overpriced and not unique in feature set.

GhostX

Chimp
Sep 12, 2010
Oceanside, California
Okay, performed a page to page search to find this thread. :thumb:

I would like to resurrect it and find out what people are using today, as I was riding yesterday evening and passed a few guys using lights towards the end of my ride. DLS right around the corner. :weee:

It seems that the MiNewt systems by Night Rider are really nice, has anyone had any long term issues with battery life/charging?

What does everyone like with respect to mounting systems for the light on the bars and battery pack mount?

Also, if anyone is using a helmet system AND bar system, I would like to hear about that as well.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Did the DYI led thing last year. Getting this for this year. I guess I could spend more money, but the MS lights are the best bang for the buck you'll find in lights right now.