Quantcast

***So this is your Saturday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
7:30 and it's still pitch black out. :(

Almost time to load the bike stuff into the vehicle. Headed to the hills for some good riding. I might be nervous though; this place in the summer had sniper pedal grabber rocks hidden everywhere....add in the leaves and now we're talking constant pucker factor.

Should be a fun day. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've decided to move my morning ride to the evening - it's way too cold for my arse there now. Other than that, it's going to be one of the pre winter chores weekend. :twitch:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Riding this morning (with many layers—maybe 40 degrees at trailhead now?). Dinner out with wife but sans kids and then Colorado Symphony later tonight.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
'Twas a fun loop of Mountain Lion with Mr. and Mrs. @6thElement. Then I dropped them, @Adventurous style, atop White Ranch. I drove myself home while they have several thousand more feet of climbing in front of them. Did I mention they rode an hour to get to our initial meeting point, too?

A single, normal length ride in a day is plenty for me.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Decent day of DH at highland.
31° when lifts started turning followed by some light rain.
The molasses slow lift and long queue ultimately drove me away.

Home by 3 means wifey will be ok with morning trail ride and leaves plenty of daylight for beers and shed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dirty Mike

wear a gopro next hunt

Some people's kids really piss me off. Started out at 0600 hiking across state land, aka public land, was all set, had my choice of five bucks to take... Effing rancher rolls up at a high rate of speed on a four wheeler. Runs the deer off and proceeds to tell me I can't be there.
I was definitely on state land, after some choice words from myself and an argument about the property line, I called it in.
Property line was indeed proven but without a neutral witness he was in the clear for interference with an active hunt. His word my word situation he stated he was only checking the fence, that he never tried to tell me I can't be there. At least he was called out on being full of shit by Mr warden, unfortunately I missed my deer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
'Twas a fun loop of Mountain Lion with Mr. and Mrs. @6thElement. Then I dropped them, @Adventurous style, atop White Ranch. I drove myself home while they have several thousand more feet of climbing in front of them. Did I mention they rode an hour to get to our initial meeting point, too?

A single, normal length ride in a day is plenty for me.
A top day of riding, we clocked 30.5 miles, 4500ft up, 6250ft down :thumb:

Starting the day with a 1900ft descent at 7:15 when sun up was at 7:35 was interesting, a bobcat and belligerent buck in the way down that first run.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's ride marks the second time in the last few weekends that I've slammed the ground within the first kilometer of riding. This time a greasy wet bridge with a slight bend in it took me out. Bike ended up sliding into the creek and I got more road rash over top of my old road rash.

That pretty much killed my mojo, BUT, we still carried on and had a blast. This place is just non-stop single track, splattered with land mine rocks everyyyywhere.....under leaves.

Ended up in tshirt and shorts again. Not complaining.

@boostindoubles those look awesome! They look much tastier than the ones that I've seen in stores around here...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Had a pretty productive day. Fixed some window weatherstripping, shredded and chipped some of the dead bushes and branches I've had in a dark corner forever, then had a pretty awesome ride in a sea of dry leaves. I don't get people who blow trails, leaves are so much fun if you know the trail.

The best thing about the new chipper is how awesome loud machine it is. A sweet revenge on all the dentist neighbors who hire uber-noisy landscaping crews and make them come when not at home. Take that, pussies! :butcher:

That said, I'd rather have spent the day downhilling at Thunder. :cray: Now sipping One Hop This time and devouring fried chicken with mashed potatoes. :blah:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't get people who blow trails, leaves are so much fun if you know the trail.

That said, I'd rather have spent the day downhilling at Thunder. :cray: Now sipping One Hop This time and devouring fried chicken with mashed potatoes. :blah:
Plus, don't leaves help protect the trail in the long run? It just seems as soon as someone rakes/blows the leaves away, is when the mud comes out to play. I say just leave 'em...

Also I can subscribe to beer, fried chicken and smashed potatoes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
excellent day. no medicals to deal with. walked 7.5 miles around the facillity then went out and ran 2 miles at a fast pace. Kicking back with a cold beverage in the camper contemplating griling up some pork chops and veggies for dinner.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did you come down Chimney or Apex?
Down Chimney to 10th St, barely daylight when we rolled from home, met Toshi at the bottom of GGCR
Lap of ML, then he dropped us at the first top lot in WR so we did a small bit of Belcher/Rawhide to get to Longhorn to Whippletree
Then climbed to the very top of Apex via Argos/Picknsledge/Hardscrabble/Apex.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
cool hike today at South Mountain State Park. place would be incredible if they'd let us carve in some mountain bike trails (gravel roads for bikes only right now).

foubd a cool spot along one of the creek. obligatory rock pics for @jdcamb

water erosion holes:

lots of places for kids to scramble (found a cool cave too)

hard to get scale. this face was probably 45' high

and @6thElement ... i like your maths-4500 up for 6500 down ftw!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Great ride with @Montana rider outside of Butte Montana in the Homestake pass area. 7 or 8 miles up with 3k of gain and maybe 3.6k loss in about 5 miles. Conditions were amazing with Temps in the 50s and 60s at 8000 feet. I took lots of video but am having difficulty getting them to download. Hopefully the 41st try will work out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Midget: try turning on SuperView on your GoPro. The extra vertical real estate will help.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am not a GoPro owner so let me understand: going back to the 4:3 format is now a thing called "superview"?
It's 4:3 that's then squished back down to 16:9. I put a fisheye in your fisheye meme goes here.