You click the banner link on RM which says:

Eastern States Cup
Root 66 XC
Mountain Bike Festival

and it brings you here

http://mountsnow.com/summer/?page_id=412

July 24 – 25
Mountain Bike Festival featuring Eastern States Cup #5 & Root 66 XC

The Mount Snow Mountain Bike Festival weekend features race #5 of the Eastern States Cup Downhill Series and the Root 66 Race Series. This weekend is packed with downhill and endurance racing action.

Saturday: Take the majority of the day to practice our XC and DH courses for Sunday’s races. Super D action takes place at 3:00pm and for those who love beating on themselves the hill climb is at noon.

Sunday: XC kicks off at 9:30am with the CAT3 riders, CAT1 & pros at 11am and CAT2 at 1:30pm. The final Mount Snow race of the Eastern States Cup cranks up at 11am.

DH race start order: CAT2, CAT1, PRO, CAT3, all females

Cross country and road group rides for all ability levels will take place at 10am on Saturday. Come by and let our local guides show you the area like you’ve never seen it before.

For online Downhill and Super D registration click here. Advance registration doesn’t cost anything extra and saves time on race day!

For online Cross Country registration click here. XC rates increase by $5 for onsite registration.

Downhillers, want to get paid for wearing some sick clothing? Sign up for the NEMA Contingency Program here.

So I'm guessing the FESTIVAL part died again? Kenda's website doesn't say anything about a Mount Snow festival and they are always the first in line to sell their stuff at FESTIVALS.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Do you have a question ?

How did you figure the FESTIVAL part died?

It's on.

OK ?

You click the banner link on RM which says:

Eastern States Cup
Root 66 XC
Mountain Bike Festival

and it brings you here

July 24 – 25

The Mount Snow Mountain Bike Festival weekend features race #5 of the Eastern States Cup Downhill Series and the Root 66 Race Series. This weekend is packed with downhill and endurance racing action.

Saturday: Take the majority of the day to practice our XC and DH courses for Sunday’s races. Super D action takes place at 3:00pm and for those who love beating on themselves the hill climb is at noon.

Sunday: XC kicks off at 9:30am with the CAT3 riders, CAT1 & pros at 11am and CAT2 at 1:30pm. The final Mount Snow race of the Eastern States Cup cranks up at 11am.

Cross country and road group rides for all ability levels will take place at 10am on Saturday. Come by and let our local guides show you the area like you’ve never seen it before.

For online Downhill and Super D registration click here. Advance registration doesn’t cost anything extra and saves time on race day!

For online Cross Country registration click here. XC rates increase by $5 for onsite registration.

Downhillers, want to get paid for wearing some sick clothing? Sign up for the NEMA Contingency Program here.

So I'm guessing the FESTIVAL part died again? Kenda's website doesn't say anything about a Mount Snow festival and they are always the first in line to sell their stuff at FESTIVALS.

Do you have a question ?

How did you figure the FESTIVAL part died?

It's on.

OK ?

Because a festival includes continual group rides, sponsor tents, bike demos, product showcases etc - you know, things to do and see other than just races.

So my question is WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FESTIVAL? Ever been to Kendafest or Pedrosfest? That's what I envision and from what I heard from last year, that is what they (the organizers) had envisioned for THIS year. The ad mentions NOTHING.

Last edited:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Because a festival includes continual group rides, sponsor tents, bike demos, product showcases etc - you know, things to do and see other than just races.

So my question is WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FESTIVAL? Ever been to Kendafest or Pedrosfest? That's what I envision and from what I heard from last year, that is what they (the organizers) had envisioned for THIS year. The ad mentions NOTHING.
agreed. Sounds more like a race weekend to make $$ by overcharging for parking then a festival. ;)

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
agreed. Sounds more like a race weekend to make $$ by overcharging for parking then a festival. ;)
There is no fee for parking. The festival is not on the same level as it was last year. We tried very hard to build a huge event for everyone but in the end we did not get enough participation and we had to scale back.

This year is more of a focus on racing. We will also have group rides on Saturday, kids bouncy house & inflatable obstacle course and we are still working on vendors however there will not be nearly as many as last year.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from coming as we obviously want people to attend but I want to make it clear that this year is about the racing and not everything else.

Thanks.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from coming as we obviously want people to attend but I want to make it clear that this year is about the racing and not everything else.

Thanks.
Well then it's not a "festival" and I think your ads should be clear about that. I know a lot of people were disappointed when KendaFest fell through last year and there were all sorts of rumors that Mt Snow was going to pick it up and we all had high hopes for the future after last year's first attempt.

It's just disappointing.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
We tried very hard last year to pick up where KendaFest left off. We had a great time and loved the event but it just didn't make money and we can't continue to run events that lose money. I do hope that another location figures out how to make this event possible, we couldn't make it work.

I just have to disagree about our description of this years festival not being clear. It lists specifically that the weekend is about racing and only lists events that are taking place like group rides and kids stuff.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
whats the course gonna be? is it from the top? that would be sick. or is it what we saw a few weeks ago?

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
just wondering what the super-d course looks like and how pedaly it is
We'll have a map posted in a few days for the DH and Super D courses. The Super D course is going to be more of a mellow DH course with only two small pedaling sections.

Mount Snow

Gateway to Vermont
Apr 21, 2010
whats the course gonna be? is it from the top? that would be sick. or is it what we saw a few weeks ago?
We'll have a course map out in a few days. It's not going to be from the top but its going to be a combination of new and old. We cut a new trail on one of our ski trails and rode it in pretty hard already. It's FAST. Then we'll duck into an existing woods section. Might go back into Yard Sale if we can get a new line built in there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We'll have a course map out in a few days. It's not going to be from the top but its going to be a combination of new and old. We cut a new trail on one of our ski trails and rode it in pretty hard already. It's FAST. Then we'll duck into an existing woods section. Might go back into Yard Sale if we can get a new line built in there.
tape wide and let the lines form themselves :D

JCanizales

Chimp
Jul 19, 2010
Northreast
Hi.
Quick question.
Will there be a slalom race Saturday night?
That has always been a great event and wondering if I should bring the slalom bike or not.
Thanks

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Looks Like no DS.....but it will be a good time with XC, DH and Super D see below:

Thanks MtnbikerChk

July 24 – 25