Quantcast

So, where is the Evil Bikes Interbike report?

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It's a single pivot with a linkage actuated shock. The link is flipable and adjustable to alter ratios and geometry without affecting suspension action.
Did you actually see it and talk to Kevin/Dave or someone else in the Bat cave or are you speculating from the picture too?

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
:rofl:

I'm guessing you don't realize who you're asking.
For some reason they have chosen to have their event outside of the Interbike venue, and under top secret conditions. Hate to say it, but we probably won't be attending.
Which leads me to ask did you change your mind and go to the "top secret" location and actually check out the bike or are you checking this thread from your super cool internet capable phone and speculating on the suspension design based on the same picture that the rest of us are looking at.

I realized who Transcend is writing for at least and was hoping that his word was backed up with real knowledge.

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Holy S...!

First Frame that has the right to replace my sunday:clapping:
Wow, I'm a fan of Dave's work as well, but you guys are really smoking his cock.

The Sunday was a dw-link race machine with fixed geometry. This is a single-pivot with adjustable geometry. There is literally nothing similar about these frames other than the fact that Dave designed them. Not to mention all you have is a single angle rendering to go on. How could you possibly think that this is a good replacement for the Sunday?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wow, I'm a fan of Dave's work as well, but you guys are really smoking his cock.

The Sunday was a dw-link race machine with fixed geometry. This is a single-pivot with adjustable geometry. There is literally nothing similar about these frames other than the fact that Dave designed them. Not to mention all you have is a single angle rendering to go on. How could you possibly think that this is a good replacement for the Sunday?
Just to be clear, Dave did NOT design the bike. He only designed the kinematics of the suspension system. He is completely over designing entire bikes.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Do riders really care that much about adjusting Geo.?? Seems like everyone already knows what HA/BB/CS (geo.) they like anyway. All the WC bikes pretty much have close to the same Geo., low and slack. Seems like a novelty to me.

Do a lot of people really want an adj. geo. SP???

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Which leads me to ask did you change your mind and go to the "top secret" location and actually check out the bike or are you checking this thread from your super cool internet capable phone and speculating on the suspension design based on the same picture that the rest of us are looking at.
Nope. Same pictures as you. Just some deductive reasoning based on what I know about bikes, physics, and actually reading what's on Evil's site.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Nope. Same pictures as you. Just some deductive reasoning based on what I know about bikes, physics, and actually reading what's on Evil's site.
Where on Evil's site did you see "single pivot." I read world wide patents pending and I think I saw "mind blowing" between the lines.

Besides, I was asking where Transcend got his info, not who you were or what you thought of the picture on the internet or the Evil site. Transcend answered and now I'm satisfied. I'll go back to happiliy riding my 7point and wait to see one of the new Evil frames soon enough anyway.

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Do riders really care that much about adjusting Geo.?? Seems like everyone already knows what HA/BB/CS (geo.) they like anyway. All the WC bikes pretty much have close to the same Geo., low and slack. Seems like a novelty to me.

Different geometry works better with certain tracks / terrain. Seems like it could be a full on freeride machine with a higher bb and steeper head tube or a balls out low and slack wc race machine , all while not compromising leverage or wheel rates. Makes sense to me anyways.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do riders really care that much about adjusting Geo.?? Seems like a novelty to me.
I don't think the benefit is the ability to constantly change your geo, but rather allow a single bike to be tailored to the needs of a wide variety of riders/terrain.

Rumor has it the original name for the platform was "dessert pants".

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Your high school physics book must be pretty worn out, by now. ;)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A

I don't think people want to keep changing there geo for different tracks. I think its more of a case of the frame will appeal to more people because you can tailor it to exactly how you want. Once its set how you like it your not gonna change it.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I would go nuts with an adjustable bike. I would try every possible option in and out until I´m all worn out. So, for me, it has to be simple. My head needs to think about how to dance right, not what shoelaces to wear.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Since when is laughing at a fanboy post off topic? Hell, there wouldn't be a soul around here if that were the case.

I guess "smoking his cock" is ok by you though?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Actualy my frame has adjustable geo and it's a great idea. You have to think about the fact that most riders ride a variety of tracks and you need different geo for track like Fort Williams compared to Schladming or Maribor. I change my head angle on different trials for real.

BTW. Any info if the new evil is 09 or 2010 product?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't get it. It looks like the activation linkage would swing the shock up into the seat tube?
I was wondering about this myself. And same with the clearance between the downtube and what I was referring to as the dogbone link. There's definitely more than meets the eye on this. Granted its only a rendering, and crappy 3/4 side/front view, and there's a lot hidden from view.

The main pivot of the swingarm may very well not be connected to the front triangle, but to another link.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I was wondering about this myself. And same with the clearance between the downtube and what I was referring to as the dogbone link. There's definitely more than meets the eye on this. Granted its only a rendering, and crappy 3/4 side/front view, and there's a lot hidden from view.

The main pivot of the swingarm may very well not be connected to the front triangle, but to another link.
We agree! :cheers:

That was what my wild speculation was about. You can see something else behind the swingarm, I suspect it is just the lower shock mount but I don't think anybody can tell from the picture. That was why I was asking if Transcend had actually seen the bike or talked to one of the guys behind it. I know Kevin well but I hadn't seen the design until today and was surprised to see what looks like a single pivot.

I can't wait to get a better look at it.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Just to be clear, Dave did NOT design the bike. He only designed the kinematics of the suspension system. He is completely over designing entire bikes.
Well, roughly the same for the Sunday, right? He did the kinematics, although I think he stepped in a few times to help them with structure after their initial ****ups.