Quantcast

soggy trails...

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I went out for a little urban session today. I was sure most of the local single track was soggy, so street riding it was. I have a little loop around my neighborhood that I ride from time to time. It consists of several office parks, some jogging trail and a couple of play ground areas. No idea how many miles or that kinda of stuff, just good fun on the bike. I took my canon point and shoot out to get familiar with it's timer/multiple frame functions. The last area i sessioned i set up a couple of shots. The darn thing works pretty well.

I figured out how the timer works…

also multiple frames using the timer delay…

and I worked on some skinny action…

it was a fun day on the bike...

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
yeah I was pretty stoked the skinny shot came together... I knew I was not going to have the patience to try it more than a few times. (taking the photo that is) The first time I walked the stairs counting the to myself, just to see if my timing would work out.

(it looks like I'm hopping on one foot)

Then I tried the skinny for the camera... it did not work out so good.

But the second time i tried riding the wall for the camera it worked and i got the images to make the composite in the first post.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
that is great stuff! cept all the graphiti! who the hell was tagging everything with "kinetic images"?

:twitch:

any post processing adjustments?

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
that is great stuff! cept all the graphiti! who the hell was tagging everything with "kinetic images"?

:twitch:

any post processing adjustments?
Yeah there was some post processing, but nothing other than my usual color correction and a little contrast adjustment for the ones in the first post. Well that, plus stitching the images together and adding the company tag. :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeah there was some post processing, but nothing other than my usual color correction and a little contrast adjustment for the ones in the first post. Well that, plus stitching the images together and adding the company tag. :D
what is your "normal" color correction/contrast adjustement? what exactly do you do to get the bright almost "slide film" look?

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
First and foremost it’s all about nailing the exposure.
During PP I use levels/curves to pick the white and black points in the image and adjust the mid-tones a touch in a brighter direction. That removes any colorcast and brings a little more detail out in the mid-tones. After that it’s playing with the contrast and sometimes a little hue/saturation adjustment to get a look my eye likes.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
A group of us went out for a little urban ride Tuesday evening. There was about eight of us for most of the ride. The weather was awesome with the temps in the upper 60s and a little breezy. We were only harassed by the popo once. (Some one was spotted riding a manual down the sidewalk or something…) anyway the few pictures from the night.

The only riding shot of the night

after ride beers

beer pron

door stop hops (after beer fun)

I'm digging this little point and shoot.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
cool thanks for the tips, I am playing around with a few of my pics and adjusting the levels and curves etc. thanks:thumb: