Quantcast

some pics of monster park/ snowshoe

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Here are some pictures I got just to give you an idea. I didnt get any of the Monster Park action pictures because we didnt go to the qualifying and it rained today so we took off. I was pretty bummed but we did get to a guy on a white blur with red wheels do a backflip just messing around. Cant remember his name though. Check it out.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
rpk1988 said:
Here are some pictures I got just to give you an idea. I didnt get any of the Monster Park action pictures because we didnt go to the qualifying and it rained today so we took off. I was pretty bummed but we did get to a guy on a white blur with red wheels do a backflip just messing around. Cant remember his name though. Check it out.
That was goldman that flipped the step up/step down...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Cool. That was awesome. He just came out of no where. First time I have really seen that. I wish it didnt rain. We were talking to Goldman when he got off the lift once. He was saying how Whistler is sooo much more crazy.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I have a couple of great shots of Goldman hitting that back flip!

I only have time to post this one right now, more to come, I have to get some sleep too much fun was had by this monkey!

It was great to meet a bunch of other monkeys at Snowshoe!
cheers!

must get sleep:dead:

oh, and that step up/step down looks flexy!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah our weekend was incredible brungeman and i drank and rode our faces off all weekend...

It was cool to meet a bunch of you...

im sick of answering questions about my bike...

I'd post some pics but BIKE mag will put me in jail...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Yeah our weekend was incredible brungeman and i drank and rode our faces off all weekend...
And you slept with a bear right outside your tent and didn't even know it. :blah:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
profro said:
And you slept with a bear right outside your tent and didn't even know it. :blah:
Hahhaha i was not in the best shape when i climbed in my tent that night...was it really out there, and how do you know that? Were you in the lot?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
It was out there!! The first visit was after dinner he intorduced himself to Brady, then later around 2:30 he broke into Doug's truck and made himself a snack. I head it outside my tent on the other side of the rock pile but I didn't want to mess w/ him....so he just sniffed our tent and carried on.

Damn, I didn't meet anyone out there except for the crew I knew and RICKY!!! w/ his turpentine/antifreeze shine. Maybe I should learn to be more social, or maybe it was because I was riding too much. All in all, it was a fun weekend.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I've got a bunch of pictures from the DH race, mostly of the amatuer classes and the beginning of the pros. Not going to post them all. Maybe just a few good ones. PM or post your # and I'll check to see if I have one. I was the first one down the mountian, #1327 (I think) if someone happens to have one of me I would appreciate a copy.

Great race, can't wait till the last one!

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
We were in the lot. The bear ate all of my raisin bran and fiesto taco cheetos out of the cooler. We pelted him w/ gravel and stones and he went on down to the next cooler and had him a bud light.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
We were in that same parking lot. We heard all the stories the next day about him coming around. What kind of car were you in manhatten?

Anyone have any pictures of 1376? And VT Mtbkr, you number couldnt be 1375, that was my buddies number (I think).

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Hahhaha i was not in the best shape when i climbed in my tent that night...was it really out there, and how do you know that? Were you in the lot?
I was in the silver F250 full of white dh bikes right beside you guys. I figured it was you because of the Bottlerocket. Yeah, that bear got in the back of my truck and pulled our cooler out. It ripped the top off and ate a box of cereal and cheez-its. It woke me up pulling the cooler out. When I got outside it was standing at the back of my truck eating just feet from my tent.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ya see.
even bears know ya gotta wash taco cheetos down with a beer.

at least it was a bud lite and not one of those sacred shiner bock's.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
ya see.
even bears know ya gotta wash taco cheetos down with a beer.

at least it was a bud lite and not one of those sacred shiner bock's.
Don't worry, the shiners were secured in the back of my car - well, the one that was left.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
profro said:
I was in the silver F250 full of white dh bikes right beside you guys. I figured it was you because of the Bottlerocket. Yeah, that bear got in the back of my truck and pulled our cooler out. It ripped the top off and ate a box of cereal and cheez-its. It woke me up pulling the cooler out. When I got outside it was standing at the back of my truck eating just feet from my tent.
aaaaaaaahh that was you! ok cool, yeah we waited til you went to sleep then drank beers and admired the industry nine wheels hahah...I cant believe the bear was outside of our tent, we were tucked in behind the rock piles right at the woods line...I was out drinking with Brungeman, Ray Petro (from the Park) and Joe Prisel all night...Joe sort of made it his mission to get me messed up calling me a rookie so i wouldnt have known the bear was chilling there anyway...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I think we may have even seen you riding the Basin on Sunday unless there was another green Bottlerocket. I wanted to ask to sit on your bike because a friend of mine is wanting one really badly. I was going to let him know it felt. But from what I could see it look like a good quality frame. I think he's on a back order list now for a medium.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Was Joe trying to get into monster park? I know that he had some words for the organizers last year when they wouldn't let him in.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
Wow...sorry to hear that. But from the footage they've shown on TV before of them in Yellowstone prying doors off cars and ripping through back seats to get to the trunk, you guys came out of it ok.

Why'd it leave? Braswell try to saddle him up with the velcro gloves???:cool:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
Why'd it leave? Braswell try to saddle him up with the velcro gloves???:cool:
Nah, we started throwing rocks at it. It was cool and fun to watch, but we were only creating more trouble for it letting it eat without any hassle.

However seeing Brady step out of his trailer and look eye to eye with the beast only feet away from him was something I will laugh at for a long time.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
profro said:
Hey it was good to meet you!

The funniest thing was, Bill and I were tearing down our site on Sunday afternoon, and this guy that workes there, drives over in a beat up red truck and asked if we had any trash we wanted him to take, we were like "oh yeah cool!" then he proceded to scare the sh!t out of us with the bear stories from Saturday night!

We were both pretty damn oblivious to our surroundings Sat. night Sunday morning!

and when we met Ray and Joe to ride at 8:15 I really had no business being on a bike!:dead:

Joe Prisel's new nickname is "Mojito Joe" (people were calling out the nastiest drinks they could think of, and Joe was drinking them!) I happened to get sucked into the mixed drink crap during the round of "Rusty Nail's" boy did that suck:wonky2:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
homepiece said:
Was Joe trying to get into monster park? I know that he had some words for the organizers last year when they wouldn't let him in.
he rode the qualifying rounds on Sat. the story I heard on Sunday was (just like a bunch of the riders who didn't make the finals they were all really close in points from 13th place on) after a few injuries and a few finalists having to leave to catch flights (after all the rain delays), Joe may have been able to ride the finals. He was riding qualifying on a blown up front fork!

I know he and Ray had to leave anyway, (after Sat. Night's drinkfest, I think Ray may have been the only one who had any business being on a bike! but we all still rode):rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Taz said:
So will I. Next time I camp in the center of that parking lot!
hey man.
terry and i were in the red pick up behind you as you started home.

you don't waste any time haulin that trailer round those turns.
terry commented that you weren't holding him up in the least.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
he rode the qualifying rounds on Sat. the story I heard on Sunday was (just like a bunch of the riders who didn't make the finals they were all really close in points from 13th place on) after a few injuries and a few finalists having to leave to catch flights (after all the rain delays), Joe may have been able to ride the finals. He was riding qualifying on a blown up front fork!

I know he and Ray had to leave anyway, (after Sat. Night's drinkfest, I think Ray may have been the only one who had any business being on a bike! but we all still rode):rofl:
Yeah i think we screwed him up for the finals...We were all having to much funn running all over the mountain hungover so he didnt go hang out at the course..."Fresh Tracks" on the western territory at 8:30 am are a good thing...

His runs were insane, total street style the announcer didnt even know how to call it...I guess that isnt saying much he couldnt tell the difference between a tail whip and a barspin :rolleyes:...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
Nah, we started throwing rocks at it. It was cool and fun to watch, but we were only creating more trouble for it letting it eat without any hassle.

However seeing Brady step out of his trailer and look eye to eye with the beast only feet away from him was something I will laugh at for a long time.
Did he make this expression when he saw it? :rofl: :rofl:

Oh...and it's easy to understand why the bear got so close. Brady's so hairy that bas was probably lookin' for love, not liquor....

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
good meeting a bunch of ya out there. i was reminded again and again how small a world the mtb community is. i was also reminded how long it takes to walk from the bottom of the course to the shuttle bus after you've flatted at 5:30 pm :D

were the bears out on fri night or saturday night at silvercreek? i pulled in around 12:30 fri and passed out solid till 7:30. i didn't hear a thing.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
corey_dcstreet said:
were the bears out on fri night or saturday night at silvercreek? i pulled in around 12:30 fri and passed out solid till 7:30. i didn't hear a thing.
Were you in the explorer next to the big rock piles? (I was in the silver Protege 5 w/ a Glory and Coiler on the roof) The big guy was roaming around and causing a rucus on saturday night.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
yup, that was me. glad i mooched some indoor sleepin on saturday then! you were one of the guys i briefly talked to sat AM, right?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
corey_dcstreet said:
yup, that was me. glad i mooched some indoor sleepin on saturday then!
Corey, you definately should have hung out on saturday, wow...Good times...

Lucky you slept inside without bears though...

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
dhbuilder said:
hey man.
terry and i were in the red pick up behind you as you started home.

you don't waste any time haulin that trailer round those turns.
terry commented that you weren't holding him up in the least.
HAHA! I remember you guys behind me, didn't know who it was but remember the red truck.