Quantcast

some pics of monster park/ snowshoe

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
corey_dcstreet said:
yup, that was me. glad i mooched some indoor sleepin on saturday then! you were one of the guys i briefly talked to sat AM, right?
I believe so. I was so damn tired that morning I can't remember exactly what I said. I think you mentioned looking for a job in Knoxville, but getting one in the DC area? But the first run on a dh bike in a year and a half being down lower hair ball woke me up quick.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
d.e.f. said:
I believe so. I was so damn tired that morning I can't remember exactly what I said. I think you mentioned looking for a job in Knoxville, but getting one in the DC area? But the first run on a dh bike in a year and a half being down lower hair ball woke me up quick.
Welcome Back!

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
spoke80 said:
Welcome Back!
Grand times.

We found Rickey's trail over on the basin side, it was my favorite over there. Then a few runs on the western side in the rain to show me what that place is normally like.

Do I have to give that bike back????

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
corey_dcstreet said:
good meeting a bunch of ya out there. i was reminded again and again how small a world the mtb community is. i was also reminded how long it takes to walk from the bottom of the course to the shuttle bus after you've flatted at 5:30 pm :D

were the bears out on fri night or saturday night at silvercreek? i pulled in around 12:30 fri and passed out solid till 7:30. i didn't hear a thing.
Corey,

Man it was great to meat up with you again! We will have to make sure there is less time before our next meeting! I could talk the good old days of music and bikes for days!

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
manhattanprjkt83 said:
ill post some pics soon...i gotta sort through the keepers and send them to bike mag...
That media release you had to sign was a friggin joke. I left when they pushed the time back to 2pm. Can't sell the photos anyhow so what does it matter.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Taz said:
That media release you had to sign was a friggin joke. I left when they pushed the time back to 2pm. Can't sell the photos anyhow so what does it matter.
I left at 4 yesterday, had to go to my 9-5 today...

What is stopping you from selling the photos?

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
post them sk6 dont be a douche just put a little water mark on the bottom haha be a man like me.

although i didnt post the good ones.

because they have yet to be developped

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
manhattanprjkt83 said:
aaaaaaaahh that was you! ok cool, yeah we waited til you went to sleep then drank beers and admired the industry nine wheels hahah...I cant believe the bear was outside of our tent, we were tucked in behind the rock piles right at the woods line...I was out drinking with Brungeman, Ray Petro (from the Park) and Joe Prisel all night...Joe sort of made it his mission to get me messed up calling me a rookie so i wouldnt have known the bear was chilling there anyway...
i saw ray with a taco'ed rear wheel on friday, did he get that fixed? i have been up to his park befor so i knew it was him on the gt it-1.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Bearmntpicnic said:
post them sk6 dont be a douche just put a little water mark on the bottom haha be a man like me.

although i didnt post the good ones.

because they have yet to be developped
LOL, yeah yeah yeah....:p

Today's shots are incredible!!! AND...

I have video!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
sirknight6 said:
Dude(s), we got in a couple of hours ago, so gimmie a day or so...
a day or so....... Dude! I am in the very FLAT, FLAT lands of America once again and I have no....... wait, yea ok. I will wait. But crap, I miss riden in the Va, West Va area.:mumble:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
specializedride said:
i saw ray with a taco'ed rear wheel on friday, did he get that fixed? i have been up to his park befor so i knew it was him on the gt it-1.
what time did you see him with a wheel problem? If it was him he must have gotten it straight, Friday afternoon he was rockin, Sat. he was like the "Energizer Bunny" and kept taking runs with me until I was completely spent, and by Sunday he was killin it!

PS. Ray doesn't sugar coat anything! I got the reaming from him Sunday for not riding flats, and not wearing pads... (at least he waited for me to get hurt, so we didn't have the whole "I TOLD YOU SO" dynamic going on!):rofl:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I left at 4 yesterday, had to go to my 9-5 today...

What is stopping you from selling the photos?
That was part of the media release form. Pretty damn restrictive one too. But I couldn't wait till 2 so I left. I had an 11 hour drive home.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Damn I hate I missed Ray and Joe. Would liked to have hung out with those guys. Ray sponsored a skatepark event I put on here in Atlanta and Joe is just ****ing cool guy.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Taz said:
Damn I hate I missed Ray and Joe. Would liked to have hung out with those guys. Ray sponsored a skatepark event I put on here in Atlanta and Joe is just ****ing cool guy.
Yes good guys to say the least.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
specializedride said:
he just had a couple flats, not a taco'ed wheel...Ray is a DH ripper on thing...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Taz said:
you should have made some runs with us...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Taz said:
You have to wait till december to submit any photos to other magazines or advertisers.
I'm not to worried about it, ill get some stuff out there when the time comes. I know it's kind of screwed up but it's a good event to shoot.

I'm checking now to see if i can post them on transcend...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Taz said:
Ya you can post them on Transcend. Fraser isn't at home right now though. Lucky bastard is in New Zealand.... wish I was there.
I am verifying that, I was registered with Transcend down there...

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Charlie what camera are you using? Hopefully it's a point and shoot. If you like taking pics and don't want that blur you should invest in a SLR. I'm selling my Nikon N55 soon. It's what I started with, and I've surpassed that with my Canon 20D. Which is still not in my possesion. Damn them brother-in-laws.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
VaNIlLin81 said:
Charlie what camera are you using? Hopefully it's a point and shoot. If you like taking pics and don't want that blur you should invest in a SLR. I'm selling my Nikon N55 soon. It's what I started with, and I've surpassed that with my Canon 20D. Which is still not in my possesion. Damn them brother-in-laws.
hay carumba brian. did he actualy buy it yet?

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah those pictures were with a crapy cannon and were taken just for fun. I havent proccesed the nice pictures. the nicer pictures were taken with a pentax something or other with a nikon something or other lense.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
BIRDMAN111 said:
hay carumba brian. did he actualy buy it yet?
No he is holding it off, waiting till after the baby he says. What a bunch of bull. I'm deciding if I need to buy a crappy junker first or a camera, I hate to say it but the car is looking more....yeah.