Quantcast

Sometimes cops are cool

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So when I ride my street bike sometimes I am too liberal with the throttle.

And sometimes the cops are around.
Like today.

Got caught doing 67 in a 50. 3 more miles an hour and I would have gotten a silver bracelet vacation!

But the cop was cool. Instead wrote me for not having my insurance card on me, which in this state is a fix it ticket.

More and more I think I'd like to work in the motorcycle division of my local PD.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Funny that the people who bitch about cops are generally the people doing illegal things when they get nailed.

I have never had a problem with cops. The only crappy one I ran into got fired after I complained.

But he needed to go.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
judging people by profession isnt racist...it is discriminatory but it isnt racist
Who said anything about racism ?

What right do have to pass judgement on someone ?

Even if you had the right to do so, going by a person's profession is foolish. We are not defined by our jobs, but by our character and the way we choose to live.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
i am sorry but it is true that you only have to live with a cop one time in your life to know that the profession does something to the individual. if no one believes me i have rented an apartment from a cop before...don't call me crazy until you have tried that at least once. if it wasnt for my ninja stealth....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i am sorry but it is true that you only have to live with a cop one time in your life to know that the profession does something to the individual. if no one believes me i have rented an apartment from a cop before...don't call me crazy until you have tried that at least once. if it wasnt for my ninja stealth....
So, by this rationale you would tend to believe that you can understand an entire group based upon experience with one individual ?

This approach is both narrow and misleading and will not help you understand . It is also a shortcut to thinking.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Once I stopped at a Pizza Hut in Norman OK and a cop dropped a set of tongs on the floor. He put them back without cleaning them off and I had to take another set of tongs from the next warming tray over. Cops they are all the same. They made me steal those tongs. I hated him because he had perfect hair then he went and did that. I really hated him after that. I should have sued him. But I went to Dallas instead. The cops in Dallas were cool, they were careful with the tongs....

Last edited:

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
So, by this rationale you would tend to believe that you can understand an entire group based upon experience with one individual ?

This approach is both narrow and misleading and will not help you understand . It is also a shortcut to thinking.
I am sorry but until someone legalizes pot i strongly disagree. I am just not copesetic to hanging out with cops, lawyers, judges perhaps all of society until it shows up at my local vapor lounge.:monkey:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
shouldn't the thread title read "i was being a cvnt on my crotch rocket and the cop let me off."

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
One of my best friends is a cop. You can lick my sack, D_N.

A cop did something very cool when I reported a truck trying to hit me on a road ride on Monday. I raised a fist. The guy stopped. He threatened to kill me. I called the law later with his plate number. Cop called me back. He then called the old man. Cop sufficiently convinced me that the guy knows he's an idiot and won't do it again.

Some traffic cops are douches, but that's not a way to generalize cops.

The cop that didn't write Dirt a ticket is a dummy though. If anyone ever needed it. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife had a ride a long on Friday and she was telling the cop about my luck. I have gotten 2 tickets from asshole cops. Both stopped me hoping I was drunk, found out I wasn't, so one gave me a speeding ticket (wasn't even close to speeding) and the other gave me fail to stop at a sign (I totally stopped).

His response was there are 2 kinds of traffic cops:
1. If I pull you over, you are getting a ticket for SOMETHING
2. If you check out and aren't an ass, you will likely get a warning.

His rule was if it was something he does himself (like change lanes without a signal), you will get a warning if you are clean otherwise.

I thought it was an interesting take. He agreed both tickets I had were total BS.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
My wife had a ride a long on Friday and she was telling the cop about my luck. I have gotten 2 tickets from asshole cops. Both stopped me hoping I was drunk, found out I wasn't, so one gave me a speeding ticket (wasn't even close to speeding) and the other gave me fail to stop at a sign (I totally stopped).

His response was there are 2 kinds of traffic cops:
1. If I pull you over, you are getting a ticket for SOMETHING
2. If you check out and aren't an ass, you will likely get a warning.

His rule was if it was something he does himself (like change lanes without a signal), you will get a warning if you are clean otherwise.

I thought it was an interesting take. He agreed both tickets I had were total BS.
When a cop walks up to your car, he's probably 90% sure that he's either giving you a ticket or letting you off. I've gotten off with a warning after doing 47 in a 30, and I've had the BS ticket of "not following a traffic control device" when I pulled into a gas station around a cop car that was parked halfway across the entrance.

And DMcG - 20mph over is an arrest? Damn... I got busted doing 77 in a 55, got a speeding ticket that was later dropped down to a seatbelt violation in court. That was NY, though, not sure where you're at these days.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
So when I ride my street bike sometimes I am too liberal with the throttle.

And sometimes the cops are around.
Like today.

Got caught doing 67 in a 50. 3 more miles an hour and I would have gotten a silver bracelet vacation!

But the cop was cool. Instead wrote me for not having my insurance card on me, which in this state is a fix it ticket.

More and more I think I'd like to work in the motorcycle division of my local PD.
IMO this is evidence of the stupidity of law enforcement officers. Some are alright, but not many.