Quantcast

soul cycles titan setup

jayv

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Oregon
I am trying to figure out what gear ratio I can run on the titan frame (16.9 in. chainstays). I want to run SS with no tensioner. Since it has vertical dropouts I need to know what gears will work to give me the right tension. What have others found out? I am setting this up to be a DJ/urban bike and would like to run something around 32-36/16-18. Is there a different kind of chain I can run that will have smaller links than the standard mountain bike chain. What tricks can I use to find a setup that works besides just buying a bunch of different gear combos?

bwagner

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Baltimore, Maryland
Get the Shadow Conspiracy "Interloc chain", it's made up entirely of half links, it should make getting the chain closer to perfect length a lot easier. As for finding the correct length, I'm not sure how to do it other than trial and error, at least not a way without using math, with which I am a complete idiot! :rolleyes:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
with a Shadow Interlock chain, you could probably run someting like 36/17, or 36/15 and be cool, I had 16.7" chain stays on my bike, I ran a 36/16 with a shadow chain on vertical dropouts with no problems. I also ran 33/14 with a regular chain with no problems. I'd go 36/17, or 36/15....Good luck
oh if your LBS can't get the shadow, get it from www.danscomp.com

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
having a chain of all half links won't do any more good then running one or two half links. you don't gain any more adjustabilty by having all half links.

but if you want to spend the money, by all means, go for it.