Quantcast

south bay riding?

noahm

Chimp
Jun 6, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Hey all. I'll be moving to the South Bay area sometime in the next few weeks for a job in Santa Clara. I haven't yet decided where I hope to live, but trail access is a key consideration (other considerations are proximity to work, since I'd like to bike in, and proximity to some kind of public transportation so I can make it home after a few drinks). trails.com suggests that there's a fair bit of riding in the hills to the east and west of they valley, but I've never ridden any of them. Does anybody have any suggestions for good "every day" trails? I'm coming from the East Coast (pretty gnarly, but also pretty flat), and ride mostly XC. I race in Cat 2, but don't harbor any delusions of actually competing. I try to get out for rides at least a couple times during the week, either before or after work, so it'd be really nice to live as close as possible to some riding.

Any other tips about where to live out there, or whatever, would also be totally awesome!

Thanks
noah

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Agreed. It's 25 minutes to some fantastic trails, 30 minutes to other fantastic trails, and there's a few XC style trails 10 minutes from the Campbell/Los Gatos area that will keep your legs spinning.