Quantcast

southeast photo thread

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow now those are some kickass shots there highrevs. im deffinatly diggin them man.

just to keep with the spirit of a photo thread.

bwahahahahahah awesome!!!! hey i couldnt find any paper what else was i supposed to leave you a note on!!! crazy thing was how long it stayed on the hitch driving up the dirt road!!! thanks for the memories!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
The lens used for the photo was an older full frame Nikkor 35-70/2.8 with macro ability.
Shot info:
35mm macro
1/360” @ f6.3
ISO 200

I am in the process of getting a small home studio put together. I did my first real shoot in it last night. It was killer doing a shoot in my own studio!!!! I shot three bikes and they will be detail a little later. I have to finish sorting the images.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
good lighting, minimal shadows - nice!

My guess is the macro feature on the lens is aiding in the low d.o.f....

Yeah, macro at f2.8 with that lens is crazy shallow… and thanks for the props. I have not spent much time using studio lights, so I’m kind of in a learning curve.

Spec info on the Voodoo:
05 Shango
03 Z1 FR ETA
Mavic 521 ceramic / Ringle Supereight
RaceFace Atlas crank/bb
MRP system 3 guide / bashring
XTR brake
XT 8 speed shifter / cassette
World Force stem
Sun Ringle ZuZu pedals
Da Bomb seatpost

I think the idea with the build was to use some parts and pieces lying around his garage… er’sumthin.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Yeah, macro at f2.8 with that lens is crazy shallow… and thanks for the props. I have not spent much time using studio lights, so I’m kind of in a learning curve.
Yeah, its super shallow. Especially for 6.3 but macro makes sense.

I like the studio stuff a lot. Where did you get your lights? It doesnt look like a ghetto setup at all, you must have laid down a little $$$

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Heres some stuff from the lake today. I need to learn how to shoot bike stuff.

Jon

Steven killed this hip today.

I think this kids name was Adam. He's a Tubbyling, and when he wasnt running he was riding the Manimobile Demo 8

Steven took the rest.

Me

The hip from those leads right into this hip. Its the same one that Manimal's been posting pictures of. The lip is steep but its smooooooth. Its not my natural direction but I was 50/50ing it when I crashed and got kinda burned out on it.

Me:

Two people saw this crash. Adam laughed hysterically and Steven took a picture. Thanks for the help.

The last 5 feet of the runup were super greasy and Jon Tokyo drifted about 2 feet to the right, and clipped this tree before his back wheel even left the ground. His scratches will fade quickly, but the memories will last a lifetime.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
that new hip is friggin rad! did you like the little plank boards i put down so that you don't sink into the wall so bad?

so....alex, jon....your phone broke or something? oh yeah...where are my gloves foo! ;)

pics: don't have any riding pics today but i do have 2 cool frame grabs from our weekly family UFC fight.

noah getting the good 'ole clothesline

noah about to land a nice back-of-freshly-shaven-head slap with lil femanimal going on 8 seconds

Jun 11, 2004
pics: don't have any riding pics today but i do have 2 cool frame grabs from our weekly family UFC fight.
Those pics are great! My son will soon be 3..........and the wrestling matches are definately gaining intensity!
Oh......a pic.....DJ's back in South Florida......now gone due to Hurricane Wilma.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
damn...that shoulder tap would be a fantastic shot if it had been well lit!!!
Yeah, I just set the camera on sport mode when Steven was shooting, it was a weird light situation for sport mode with the backlighting, and Steven didnt know how to compensate. If I get motivated I'll photochop it later.

that new hip is friggin rad! did you like the little plank boards i put down so that you don't sink into the wall so bad?

so....alex, jon....your phone broke or something? oh yeah...where are my gloves foo! ;)

Yeah, those boards worked well. Its still pretty slippery though, especially after hitting it a few times.

I was about to call you, but Adam said he thought you were at work. Sorry man.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hah...one of my girls turns 3 next month and my baby girl is 9 months next week. Both of them had me on the floor last night commiting punishing acts to my ribcage. The oldest loves the ole couch launch.

The oldest stays up late every Thursday with me to watch UFC...then whoops me!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I think this kids name was Adam. He's a Tubbyling, and when he wasnt running he was riding the Manimobile Demo 8

hey now....just because i let a super-nice and respectful neighborhood kid borrow my demo because his bike is all busted up doesn't necessarily make him a "tubbyling". but forget ye not that you too were once a "tubbyling"....so were several other kiddies that once seeked my guidance and encouragement to coach them through their first big double but are now all grown up and kicking my butt on the trail! :clapping: :rant: :( :cool:

the original "tubby"

the orginal "tubbyling"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Once a tubbyling always a tubbyling, and proud of it. Dont worry, I havent forgotten where I came from. You are the reason I have any clue what I'm doing on that pedal bike.
yeah! and as a matter of fact, you should have my name branded on your calf! ;)
i found a cute wittle picture of alex on his first big bike

who remembers the old Costco dirtjumps in winston? these things were HUGE! moser was the only MTB kid i knew that would even attempt the big line.

this one's for the oldies. this was the charlotte ds/dh a few year back. who can you recognize? i'll give you a hint, i'm the one in the black t-shirt with my back to the camera.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
JeremyR, Demo Dave, Keenan, and I went up to Bent Creek to run Greens Lick. Here are a few pics from the day.

Pics of the Bikes.

Me on one of the hip berms.

JeremyR

Demo Dave

Keenan

Me playing on the last big jump.

Demo Dave

JeremyR

Keenan