Quantcast

southeast photo thread

Jun 11, 2004
No, those jumps were in Quiet Waters Park in Deerfiled Beach. I used to live less than a mile from there! Its too bad you never made it out to Markham. The trail system there is great. And if you look hard enough in the right places you can find a couple of good hits here and there.

i never made it that far south but, for a while, i was a regular at the TOE. then that place just got stupid sketchy and dangerous.
The TOE was definately sketch.....especially all the stuff up in the trees. I'm sure you remember the Teeter Tower of Terror? SKETCHyyy Here is a shot of Wade Simmons on a Bike Magazine photo shoot.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
got a new fork for noah and spent a couple of days cutting springs, adding random bits of plumbing hardware and messing w/ the spv pressure. may i present to you the new lil manimal custom manitou minute 1:

action shot of course....i tuned this fork to be very progressive for the dj's so that he's not bottoming out on the takeoff
a little tweakage at the lake

christmas in january

oh, btw...for those of you that remember showtime...i fixed it again. not as huge as it used to be but i made it fun sized and sturdy so that the xc crew will have a hard time knocking it down.
uh...bad pic from vid but noah was too busy narrating the video to think about the whole "in frame" idea :rofl: you should hear the commentary

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
markham? i never made it that far south but, for a while, i was a regular at the TOE. then that place just got stupid sketchy and dangerous.

side note:

aaron drove his "riding truck" to regency. this has got to be the best shuttle truck/rack ever! you could put at least another 5-7 bikes over the tailgate. me thinks he needs to bring it to fontana :D
I have the 4 door FX4 version of that truck. Can you get me info on how he did the rack?

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
cool pics

ya know, except for the third from the bottom where you can see where some asshat looks to have attempted to build a stunt in the trees

oh, nailing into live trees? real cool

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Nice snow pics. Wish mine turned out better. Here at clemson a friend and i built a huge launch jump 5ft long by 4ft high out on bowman field. we actually had a bunch of girls going and stealing abandoned snowmen to add to the cause.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay dsapp your crazy for ridding that trail in the snow. not because the trail is crazy but that dirt road is crazy when its in prime conditions. although they are some nice shots and you will deffinatly be prepaird for fontana.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
haha, in prime conditions, now that i've learned every turn, i wish i had a subaru or something of that nature so that i could try and break the 5-6 minutes that it takes me in my tahoe to go up or down that road....snow makes you have to slow down, way more tame!:weee:

photo content:

Older photo I took of Scott Phillips on the schleyer trail at whistler this past summer

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
we tested noah's cold weather riding ability today to see if he could handle tagging along at fontana w/ me. it was around 22 w/ the windchill and he did fine. his hands got a bit cold but not so bad that he wanted to quit riding and the balaclava worked well to keep his ears/face warm enough. i think i'll bring him along :thumb:

a little cold stair huckage (check the new gold bars donated by mike cobler)

curb to tranny fun

he was flying through here on the way down..and apparently practicing for night riding by closing his eyes ;)

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I went for ride today... It was in the mid to upper 20's when i left the house. The ground was pretty frozen and so were my toes when i got back to the truck. No on trail photos, just a pic of my dirty socks and after ride beer.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
...20s? So that means it certainly had to be 15 max when me and Mike tried to shred today. Ground was frozen solid with a nice icey snow mix over the top.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
...20s? So that means it certainly had to be 15 max when me and Mike tried to shred today. Ground was frozen solid with a nice icey snow mix over the top.
Better frozen solid than the inch thick layer of thawed poo I'm ridin on in cornelius

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Better frozen solid than the inch thick layer of thawed poo I'm ridin on in cornelius
Yeah? Well I plowed trees on your trail today if that makes you feel better.

Shred sesh'n. Conditions were sketchy at best, but it was good to be out. Motomike's rear brake bled out on the first run, so he ended up shooting me the whole time instead of the other way around.

off camber central

Last one. My racer-flap should be mullet status by summer if I stay strong.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Sick shots, glad to see the trilliam trail's gettin shredded somethin proper. It looks like it's about time for mike to get out the clippers and work some classy mullet magic with the racer flap.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Yeah? Well I plowed trees on your trail today if that makes you feel better.

Shred sesh'n. Conditions were sketchy at best, but it was good to be out. Motomike's rear brake bled out on the first run, so he ended up shooting me the whole time instead of the other way around.
IMG
Man there's some trippy sh!t going on in the western hills of NC. According to the exif data you guys shot these... well tomorrow. :biggrin:
( i was curios what shutter speed the panning shots where taken at and notice the date stamp)

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Robert, you should seriously consider a day trip up here to shoot when it gets a little warmer. That spot is full of gems and very photographer accessible. It's begging for some work with flashes.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Robert, you should seriously consider a day trip up here to shoot when it gets a little warmer. That spot is full of gems and very photographer accessible. It's begging for some work with flashes.
I’m all for it. Moto and I talked about doing a little shooting up there when I saw you guys at the collegiate nationals. When ever there is a free Saturday or weekend, we can get in a little riding, shooting and what not. Warmer weather and a little heads up in advance is all I need.

more old stuff... I really need to shoot some new mtb photos.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Werd, definitely keep in touch...

shot this earlier this month...

I've not shot anything in motion for a couple of months now... :disgust1:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Couple of photos from the local Fat Tire Society meeting the other night. We had 50+ turn out.

this is not everyone in the room, but pretty close...

A few of us did a round of shots in honor of a new trail.
We start construction this coming Saturday.

(its going to be named "wild turkey")

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I picked up a new point and shoot... I finally got a chance to play with it on a trail ride yesterday.

Gastro rolling in

Merritt with a little hang time

Bryan pinning it

pedaling back to the trail head…

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
what part of the state are those last pics from? me thinks i remember seeing others of the same line

(no need to give me directions or exact location, just curious as to what area :cheers: )