Quantcast

Soy and poor nutrition

zibbler

Monkey
I can't tolerate soy at all! My digestive tract gets very angry if I eat soy. The suck thing is that they put soy in everything these days. You almost don't have a choice. I always read labels to make sure there is no soy products in it.

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
Originally posted by zibbler
I can't tolerate soy at all! My digestive tract gets very angry if I eat soy. The suck thing is that they put soy in everything these days. You almost don't have a choice. I always read labels to make sure there is no soy products in it.
i hear you on that .. i have considered myself to be soy intolerant for a while now... very unpleasant things happen with my GI tract upon soy consumption as well.
i had been hearing vague rumblings about the possible negatives of soy for some time now, but this is the first thing i have truly read... pretty disconcerting.

(edit) although, after perusing some of the other articles in that online magazine-- i think i will seek substantiation elsewhere......

KFulch

Chimp
Jul 10, 2002
NC
Originally posted by ATXjim

(edit) although, after perusing some of the other articles in that online magazine-- i think i will seek substantiation elsewhere...... [/B]

Yeah; the magazine itself is not for choice reading. The article had alot of good and truthful general content though. I was waiting for someone to go to the home page for Nexus and say WTF!! UFO's and nutrition all in one magazine? If anyone is interested in the science behind it; PM me and I can send some lengthy and (sigh) not so exciting articles to read.:)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yeah; the magazine itself is not for choice reading. The article had alot of good and truthful general content though. I was waiting for someone to go to the home page for Nexus and say WTF!! UFO's and nutrition all in one magazine? If anyone is interested in the science behind it; PM me and I can send some lengthy and (sigh) not so exciting articles to read.
It sounds as you have researched this before.
So, do you have any soy in your diet?

I consume alot of soy milk, because I am extremely lactose intolerant......& I am koo-koo for cocoa puffs! :D

And after 3 or 4 bowls of cereal with the stuff....I almost feel as sick as if I ate it with cows milk.

I wonder what the ACTUAL perfect diet for active healthy humans consists of???

-TN

KFulch

Chimp
Jul 10, 2002
NC
Originally posted by TN_Fred

It sounds as you have researched this before.
So, do you have any soy in your diet?

I consume alot of soy milk, because I am extremely lactose intolerant......& I am koo-koo for cocoa puffs! :D

And after 3 or 4 bowls of cereal with the stuff....I almost feel as sick as if I ate it with cows milk.

I wonder what the ACTUAL perfect diet for active healthy humans consists of???

-TN

Yeah; The Lab I work for does cell cycle inhibitor research. We have been looking at alot of the compounds found in soy over the past year, especially Geneistein; There may be a correlation with the shear amount of soy milk(soy protein) you are consuming. To my understanding. Fermented soy products ( miso, soy milk etc...) have less of the dietary inhibitors than the actual raw soy bean (also called Edamame). I quit eating ALL soy protein about 8 months ago. I use to eat soy beans ~ 4 times a week until I started working on this research project and reading alot of the articles. As for the perfect human diet...I still beleive each person has a specific way to eat for themselves; I crave protein and crude vegetation myself. I have found if I eat alot of overcooked veggies ( almost eveyone here in the south((grandmas etc.)) cooks their veggies until they resemble a squishy paste..ugh ) I feel bogged down and sluggish for a few hrs.