Quantcast

SPAM ALERT: Workouts

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Ok,

So I think this is kinda spam, but also an attempt to help those who may be looking to improve there physical fitness for racing next year.

Small background on me.
I raced many years ago, but stopped when I started working full time in my current career. After almost 7 years of that I was up over 50 pounds. I tried riding to get back into shape, but it was just SAD. I have 0 energy after all my late night pizza parties (wobbly pop included).

Fast forward now and im down over 30 pounds and literally in the best shape of my life.

Just curious if anyone on here has ever used any Beachbody workouts to cross train? I have used insanity(lost 30 pounds) the asylum dropped to 7 percent bodyfat and a few others.

Anyways if anyone wants to hear more message me or check out my FB page and we can chat

http://www.facebook.com/fitnessfunandfocus

Sorry if this is spam, but I just wanted to offer the option to people as this is a great way to prepare for the up coming race season.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Since it's a biking forum why care about bodyfat? What we should care is fuctional strenght and fitness that translate into better riding mobility and faster regeneration between high intensity riding sections.

Good for you that it works but I think bike specific workouts are the better way for us here. Good looking body should only be a bonus, not the goal.

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Well what you look like doesn't really matter it is ultimately all about performance. I used body fat to demonstrate how well the programs work at helping one burn fat and develop muscle.
Functional performance is key and workouts like I'm referencing offer those benefits and have vastly improved my abilities. I was trying to help others who may be wondering what directions are doable for an athlete who may have minimum time to cross train, but understands that it is needed to perform optimally. We know spending all our time riding our bikes is great, but we need cross training.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm all up for that (the cross training thing). Currently doing a variation of Tabata Intervals in the gym (the main difference is you do more than 1). It's the most painfull thing you can do to yourself but the effects are amazing.