Quantcast

Specialized Recalls 2005 Road Bikes Due To Handlebar Slippage

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Specialized Recalls 2005 Road Bikes Due To Handlebar Slippage
SEPTEMBER 30, 2004 -- MORGAN HILL, CA (BRAIN)

Specialized is recalling about 1,500 bikes because the handlebars can slip in the stem. The affected models are the 2005 versions of the Allez Sport, Allez Elite, Roubaix and Sequoia.

Specialized has received two reports of the handlebars loosening. No injuries have been reported.

The Taiwanese manufactured bikes were sold through Specialized retailers between July and August for between $900 and $1,600.

Consumers who bought such bikes are being directed to their retailers for replacement handlebars. For more information call Specialized at (800) 432-4144.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
hmmm i wonder if they're just replacing the stem then.....

hm...well....let's see.....NO!

"Consumers who bought such bikes are being directed to their retailers for replacement handlebars. "

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlySurly said:
hm...well....let's see.....NO!

"Consumers who bought such bikes are being directed to their retailers for replacement handlebars. "
hmm shoulda put that part in larger letters for me haha.....

interesting one would think if you had handlebar slippage you would look at the problem to be in the stem first..... hence my question...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Skookum said:
hmm shoulda put that part in larger letters for me haha.....

interesting one would think if you had handlebar slippage you would look at the problem to be in the stem first..... hence my question...
their new bar uses an insert that is built into the bar. it's probably something to do with the insert

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlySurly said:
I was just messing with ya cos it said it right in the article.
Yah my comprehension was askew probably because i was working on this beauty on photoshop...

haha burns yer eyes done it. :p