Quantcast

Specialized SX sizing?

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Is there any taller riders (I'm 6'3") here who ride the long Specialized SX(4" version)? I know this is the BMX/dirt jump forum but I'm particularly interested if you've done any cross country rides on this bike. I'm considering this bike because it looks so awesome for dirtjumping and such but I also plan to do trail riding on it. My main conscern for trail riding is the sizing and seatpost extension.

Thanks

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Never rode one, but from Spec geo numbers, you could probably get by with a 410mm Thomson. The seat tube is 420mm, so it will never be like a true XC bike, but I'm sure you could get by ok for climbing and seated pedalling. I had a Morewood Ndiza (same kind of 4x/DS FS bike) and did a lot of XC riding on it. Not the best climber but man did it ever bomb down the hill.

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Thanks. Yeah, the numbers look reasonable. My experience, though, is that in the end people's feedback often tells more. I can get around the seat post issue by running a scoper or adjustable seat post when I'm not just jumping. I never really run seatposts slammed even when I'm jumping.