Quantcast

Spinach

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
E-coli doesn't stand a *chance* against a microwave. :p
Yeah, I usually eat my left-over pizza cold, but today I thought I'd try something just a little bit different (and safer).

How does a homemade spinach, pepperoni, and black olive pizza on whole wheat crust with fresh mozzarella sound? Sounds too good to toss that's for sure.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Well, I haven't had to skip-to-the-loo yet, so I'll probably be alright. But I do worry about my expectant wife getting a bad case of the squershey hurts.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
ok.... so OMGF and I went up to NY for my sister's wedding. We ate all sorts of calorie laden foods that we normally don't eat (they aren't much into veggies up there, unless they are covered in dressing or are fried, or are iceburg lettuce....anyway).

So, when OMGF and I got home, we decided to have salad.
With pre-packaged spinach.

and we both felt *funny*.

So..... I am thinking either our stomachs were re-adjusting, or we had a case of some e. coli and we're just too awesome to succumb.

Either way, Whole Foods didn't have any spinach yesterday, and there is an article in the Washington Post listing which brands were affected.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Here is an idea: Outlaw the use of manure on crops that are eaten raw...like spinach.
I haven't been following too closely, but is manure where they think the e coli is coming from? I thought most commerical farms got away from manure and "natural" fertilizers in this day and, but what do I know?

gg

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Just a note to all the affects of e.coli do not show for 7-10 days
The CDC guy interviewed on the Newshour last night said first symptoms in 1 to 5 days and the CDC website says that it passes in 5-10 days.

Still no bloody flux for me. I think we're in the clear in my household.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I haven't been following too closely, but is manure where they think the e coli is coming from? I thought most commerical farms got away from manure and "natural" fertilizers in this day and, but what do I know?

gg
I'm not sure about the source but organic farms use more natural fertilizers - pretty much by definition.