Quantcast

@sshole content... Manimal be safe!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well, I woke up on Saturday and took the girls out shopping and goofing around, and I got a call from my Mother-in-law, and she was spewing about this shooting etc. and I kept thinking MOM... This is old news, I had heard from my sister who lives in the greater Binhampton area and everyone that we know is safe.

then she said, no there is a standoff and shooting here in Pittsburgh... it was all unfolding as we were speaking and only about 10 minutes from where I was.

as it so happens some Fvcktard armed to the gills had a disagreement with his mother... (it is rumored over his dog peeing on the floor)... and when the police showed up, without provocation upon opening the door, he shot the first officer in the head. Then his partner, and an off duty officer who heard the call come in, and lived in the neighborhood stopped to assist, and he was gunned down as well. A fourth was injured trying to pull one of the wounded officers to safety, and a fifth broke his leg when a fence collapsed trying to get to the back of the house...

in all 3 dead officers for no reason other than this kid was a reject. Fvcking senseless!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19097452/detail.html

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What is up with the increase in mass shootings lately?
I'm not sure if it's an actual increase in shootings, or just an increase in media coverage of the shootings that happen normally.

Also, a friend of mine lives only a few blocks from where this happened.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'm not sure if it's an actual increase in shootings, or just an increase in media coverage of the shootings that happen normally.

they did a timeline on one of the news stations about the mass shootings and it looks like they had gone up fairly slowly, and then seamed to spike.

yep the area that this took place in, is a fairly nice area... I hope your friend isn't too traumatized, I know that all people involved including the folks in the neighborhood can be shaken up by this!

I am surprised by the level of restraint displayed by the police to not just level this house with fire and brimstone! I am glad I am not a police officer, I don't know that I could have just arrested this kid!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the media always swarms around this type of stuff, but the Oakland shooting was the single worst day for any PD since 9/11. This Pittsburgh disaster obviously followed the Oakland shooting w/ 3 officers losing their lives.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

definite increase in shootings, particularly of officers. 7 officers KIA in almost as many days hasn't happened in a loooong time.

....and they wonder why we're paranoid and don't trust people.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
No officers shot in action in Temple for 2 decades. That changed on Friday. My best friend is a SWAT team lead, and honestly, they don't do a ton more than warrants around here. Well, Friday AM they knock a door down for a drug warrant. Why worry, it's just weed, right??? Well, my homies officer took two rounds. One in the arm and the other stuck in his magazine on his belt, directly in front of the femoral artery. I worry about my friend and Manimal with frequency. People are just too stupid to deserve any kind of weapons.

Like they said, keep care, Brandon.