Quantcast

Standard 20-tooth BB tool to install a FSA extreme BB?

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
BB/evil drs/cranks are coming in the mail tomorrow and I want to make sure I have the right tool. I have a 20-tooth bb tool that I used a while back on a shimano bb. Its the standard. Is park tool's website correct, that this same bb tool will fit an FSA isis bb? If so, then sweet, I dont need to buy anything new.

BB is a FSA Ultimax Xtreme Pro BB
The tool I have is a park BBT-2

Compatible?

Thanks!

dharch

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Nor Cal
Maybe, I went through the same ordeal when I switched over to ISIS. I had an older park BBT-2 and the clearances inside the tool were designed for the square bb spindle. The teeth of the installation tool will fit the cups, but I was not able to fully tighten the cups into the shell. The newer BBT-2 are redesigned to have more clearance for the "pipe" bb, as park calls it. I have 2 BBT-2's in my tool box, they both have the exact same model number stamped on the side, one will work with the isis and one won't. Check the park web site and it'll tell you whether what you have will work based on how old the tool is.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Yeah I had an old one, so I had to buy a raceface bb tool. It has the inside clearance that the other one did not. only 9 bucks, too!

Thanks!