Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Uh, isn't Rey clearly Luke's daughter? Either that or Han and Leia popped out another kid and somehow didn't notice.
Right. I got that vibe because of how he acted when she said where she was from. Almost like a "she grew up an looks just like [insert mother here]" kind of reaction. Also when he tells her that she should stay on board with him instead of going home. Like he was trying to protect her.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As for the new kids, there are conflicting reports as to what Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were paid. The Guardian claimed they received a flat fee of $450,000 and won’t see a share of the back end until the film exceeds $1 billion world worldwide. However, Variety estimated their paychecks at somewhere in the $100,000 to $300,000 range. Because Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver are more well-known, they were reportedly given somewhere in the mid-to-high six figures.
back end achieved.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I saw it again tonight. IMAX 3D. IMAX part was great. 3D not so much. I hate that shit, forcing me to focus on something or other.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so far the leading theory on snoke is that he is darth plageus.

another thoery i came up with is that he is darth sidious (emporer palpatine), who was plageus' apprentice.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sure more questions than answers in this movie. I would have rather seen less copying of old ideas and more of the new. I thought the movie was really good when it into new territory like when Ray started fighting back Ren with her new found force.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
so far the leading theory on snoke is that he is darth plageus.

another thoery i came up with is that he is darth sidious (emporer palpatine), who was plageus' apprentice.
Nah, Darth Sydney killed Darth Plaque, which apparently is what the Siths do under the Rule of 2. I think "canon" says Vader and Syd were the last Sith, and the subsequent baddies were the First Order/Dark Jedi. My theory is Snoke is Dick Cheney (or maybe the guy Cheney shot based on the facial scarring).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah, Darth Sydney killed Darth Plaque, which apparently is what the Siths do under the Rule of 2. I think "canon" says Vader and Syd were the last Sith, and the subsequent baddies were the First Order/Dark Jedi. My theory is Snoke is Dick Cheney (or maybe the guy Cheney shot based on the facial scarring).
Not sure if stupid / red shirt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I saw it again tonight. IMAX 3D. IMAX part was great. 3D not so much. I hate that shit, forcing me to focus on something or other.
but you giggled a little when the tip of the star destroyer was right in your face?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So yesterday I am at the ski shop, and who comes in to buy tickets for the mountain coaster but Harrison Ford. (He lives here most of the time) He actually was bitching to me about the price of tickets...cracked me up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So yesterday I am at the ski shop, and who comes in to buy tickets for the mountain coaster but Harrison Ford. (He lives here most of the time) He actually was bitching to me about the price of tickets...cracked me up.
should have invited him to the bong shed

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
saw it last night in imax 3d and it was fantastic. definitely the best use of 3d in a movie that ive ever seen. it made all the others seem like indie films in comparison.
i know the Empire used clones of Boba Fett for the stormtroopers but did Fin say that he was taken as a child to become a stormtrooper for the New Order? is that why he has a conscious?
Rey must know Luke somehow since she was the one who went and found him for some reason.
Daniel Craig's part (JB-007) was also pretty damn obvious too

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rey saw the island in the lightsaber-hallucination sequence. Kylo Ren saw it when perusing her memories, too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
saw it last night in imax 3d and it was fantastic. definitely the best use of 3d in a movie that ive ever seen. it made all the others seem like indie films in comparison.
i know the Empire used clones of Boba Fett for the stormtroopers but did Fin say that he was taken as a child to become a stormtrooper for the New Order? is that why he has a conscious?
Rey must know Luke somehow since she was the one who went and found him for some reason.
Daniel Craig's part (JB-007) was also pretty damn obvious too
Boba Fett was a clone. Jango Fett was the bounty hunter that was the source for the clones. Boba was pulled from the clone army and raised by Jango.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Evidently, light can travel across the galaxy instantly, no one actually has a map of the galaxy and they still build giant super weapons for 30 years that can be destroyed by a few rebels. Kinda liked, but a bit too much jj in it....

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, but Darth Plague was able to cheat death, just like Dick Cheney.