Quantcast

Starbucks closing stores!?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Maybe two or three of the many thousands of locally owned coffee shops that Starbux put out of business can open back up.
:blah::blah:
it's the people who put them out of business not Starbucks...I always here folks saying Starbucks is killing the local coffee shop but if no one patronized them then they would fold like any other business...let's put the blame where it lies...D

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
it's the people who put them out of business not Starbucks...I always here folks saying Starbucks is killing the local coffee shop but if no one patronized them then they would fold like any other business...let's put the blame where it lies...D

Same goes for Walmart and Costco........the people voted them best stores in town!
(Don't blame your lack of choice on anyone but yourselves!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can't even get into my local coffee place. Place is always packed with elbow patched jacket/socks and sandal types showing off their new apple laptops. It is actually pretty funny, 40 somethings cliqued out like they were back in high school.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Is Greenberry's still even there on Barracks Road?

Used to date one of the baristas back in 98...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The places down on the Corner have all changed, though. The storefronts, except for the enduring classics, just gradually morph from coffee shop to Plan 9's latest location to Mexican restaurant to fusion cafeteria back to coffee shop...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The places down on the Corner have all changed, though. The storefronts, except for the enduring classics, just gradually morph from coffee shop to Plan 9's latest location to Mexican restaurant to fusion cafeteria back to coffee shop...
I went back to where I went to school and everything was exactly the same. Beer is still dirt cheap bought rounds like a rock star and still get change with a $20.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
We went on a lunch ride today to Pekarski's. It's a real-live sausage factory!

It's actually right across the street from one of my favorite sets of dirtjumps, and down the road from one of the 9 local coffee roasteries....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
exactly...almost all of the same businesses get their products from the same distributors who get theirs from the same suppliers...I deal with this on a daily basis...D
Yeah - we have a fancy-schmancy yuppie deli near us and rumor has it when they run out of meat unexpectedly... where do they get a little extra? You guessed it... Costco. :D

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Someone forgot to tell Johnny that Starbucks is Elitist. Either that or he forgot. His new Barista just wants to write his name on it so he won't loose it everytime he goes to the potty. Which must be often.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
exactly...almost all of the same businesses get their products from the same distributors who get theirs from the same suppliers...I deal with this on a daily basis...D
yeah... they do things a little differently out here in the midwest. if I have to drive past 2 feedlots and a slaughterhouse on my way home from work each day, I at least get the benefit of some yummy food out of the deal. :brows:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Same goes for Walmart
(Don't blame your lack of choice on anyone but yourselves!)
Starbucks does some pretty shady business, but NOTHING compares to WalMart.

http://www.walmartmovie.com

Watch the movie, or just check the facts for yourself:

http://www.walmartmovie.com/facts.php

A WAL-MART Worker may donate money from their paycheck to the CRITICAL NEED FUND, a program to aid other employees in times of crisis, like a fire or tornado.
In 2004, WAL-MART Employees gave OVER $5 MILLION to help fellow workers

The Walton Family gave $6,000

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Today I received yet another Starbucks beverage.

Iced coffee. I ordered an iced coffee, simple, right? Cold coffee+ice=iced coffee.

It was sweet. Pre-sweetened iced coffee. WTF?! The only way to take coffee is black, you pansyass motherfvckers.

I made the barista make me a real one. Bitches. It still tasted like sh!t.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Today I received yet another Starbucks beverage.

Iced coffee. I ordered an iced coffee, simple, right? Cold coffee+ice=iced coffee.

It was sweet. Pre-sweetened iced coffee. WTF?! The only way to take coffee is black, you pansyass motherfvckers.

I made the barista make me a real one. Bitches. It still tasted like sh!t.
If the only way to drink it is black, then why did a manly man like you order it iced? Bad on you for ordering it iced, and then whining about it like a little pansyass motherfvcker...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I think I'll go for a coffee right now. AL Van Houtte, free, from the office. It willl be crap.

I've been going to Starbucks after work a lot lately for the slog through traffic on the way home. Frozen Starbucks Double Shot. Not that great, and expensive. I could get the same thing at Tim Horton's (tastes about the same) for half the price.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I only buy coffee when I am traveling but there is this drive through coffee place across the street that is cool. Think of a photohut with good coffee.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I only buy coffee when I am traveling but there is this drive through coffee place across the street that is cool. Think of a photohut with good coffee.
We have the same thing here.
There are like 4 or 5 of them around town, but its a local business who gets beans from a local roaster.
Good stuff.
Their locations are funny though.
One of them is in a hut like you mentioned.
A couple of them are in old banks that went out of business.
But not the whole bank, they just rent the tiny bank teller hut with the drive thru. Hippies making good coffee is the only usefull reason for their heart to beat, but that's a pretty good reason.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There are no Starbucks in Butte Montana - getting a consistent cup o' Joe that doesn't take like dishwater is pretty hard. Those who like to point out how behind the times Butte is always mention the lack of a Starbucks.

Starbucks would make a killing if situated between Montana Tech and the regional hospital.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
There are no Starbucks in Butte Montana - getting a consistent cup o' Joe that doesn't take like dishwater is pretty hard. Those who like to point out how behind the times Butte is always mention the lack of a Starbucks.

Starbucks would make a killing if situated between Montana Tech and the regional hospital.
Sounds like you have found your next business venture. :happydance:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
If the only way to drink it is black, then why did a manly man like you order it iced? Bad on you for ordering it iced, and then whining about it like a little pansyass motherfvcker...
When I need a direct IV injection of caffeine in 30 seconds flat, iced is a much better choice than scalding.