Quantcast

Starting out

B

bigjumper820

Yeah, dude...We'll have to maybe go out for a ride sometime...seeing as you're in WA and all...

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
time on the bike
time on the bike
time on the bike
time on the bike....you get the idea. I've been riding for about 3 years now, and that's the best piece of advice I'd give. There's a pretty steep learning curve to all aspects of this sport, and the more time you spend on the bike the better.

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
just find some cool people that are badass. and ride with them. you will progress very fast. thats what i did. and yeah time on your bike to.

Peace

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
A quick click of your profile indicates you are not a dude... welcome to the monkey and I think you will find great tips and inspiration in the mudhunnies forum.

In the meantime - welcome. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
There's some good riding at Victor Falls still real close to where you live, Lake Sawyer is a great XC challenge up in Black Diamond. Tips can help out but nothing beats just going out and riding and having a good time. Also check BBTC.org it's a local bikey club and they have all girl rides/and beginner rides all the time.

B

bigjumper820

Yeah, sorry Ashley!! Jesse just told me...!!! I hope you can ride with Jesse and I sometime soon!! FUN!!!

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
1. Ride as often as you can, even if it's just down the street. Your skills will improve as you get more time on the bike.
2. Avoid the noob mistake of locking your brakes if you go over the handlebars - jump off the pedals and throw your handlebars down. *don't try this if you're clipped in
3. Don't be afraid to crash and invest in some pads if you haven't already
4. If you're gonna be riding XC, learn how to pedal a smooth circle. Hell, if you're riding anything do that.
5. Keep yourself hydrated for long rides.
6. Have fun, if you're not having fun, you shouldn't be riding because you won't be totally focused.