Quantcast

Steve Peat Sydicate

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Steve Peat has had a team of sorts running in the UK for a while now and he's now expanded it to N.America

http://www.stevepeatsyndicate.com/

It's a buy in team, $5,600 gets you a v-10, royal race kit and full support at 6-8 races. Or $7,000 gets you the same but upgraded kit on the bike.

Seems like it could be a good way for some young rippers to get support as the amount isn't that much more than the v-10 and gear.

Mitch Ropelato is also part of the team, so that gives it an extra boost I suppose.

Good to see Peaty's still getting new kids on his teams, just not sure about the whole buy in thing.

Apologies for any re-posting, I did search

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure there is still an assessment of some sorts to prevent rich snotwipes with no talent taking all the places as well so it should do well

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
nothing like buying your way onto a "team"
i wonder if we'll see anyone begging for money on RM to help pay their way....:rolleyes:
or better yet, their parents

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
nothing like buying your way onto a "team"
i wonder if we'll see anyone begging for money on RM to help pay their way....:rolleyes:
or better yet, their parents
damn I knew I shouldnt have bought 8 I9 wheelsets!!!!...

pretty cool I guess I've seen this done before. Its good for kids that are GOOD but the parents cant help them out at the races. Lets see how well it does...

Last edited:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I think this is a great idea, who cares if the kids are good or not, this should be about fun. It will provide an organized way for kids to get into the sport instead of trying to find their own way, this will give an opportunity to a lot more kids. if the syndicate is successful then you will see a lot more teams run this way. btw, most sports or teams cost money to join, this is no different, it just happens that bikes cost a lot more than a pair of wrestling shoes or a baseball bat and glove, but less than a race car or a ski boat.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
That's a pretty cool program. Awesome to meet people half way, especially the people who dont have lots of money and who dont always have reliable income sources. DH is an expensive sport, super cool to see that. Plus, it lets people try and put down resources up front, so they dont have to resort to last minute panic scrounging. Thats really cool, and makes me want to support santa cruz. Interested to see how it pans out.

tree hugger

Monkey
Jul 18, 2007
damn I knew I shouldnt have bought 8 I9 wheelsets!!!!...

pretty cool I guess I've seen this done before. Its good for kids that are GOOD but the parents cant help them out at the races. Lets see how well it does...
I completely agree with W4S. what's the downside to having more people involved, regardless of their skill level? this is a great idea.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Im sure this price is about on par with the same level of coaching for a high level youth hockey team or baseball team. Sounds like a great idea to me. I would also bet some people will come up with some more budget teams with mongooses and local pro riders ect...

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I rode with Mitch over the weekend. He mentioned the team and spoke good things about it. That's a killer deal on a bike and coaching from a few of the world's best people in the sport. From what he was saying, he's getting a pretty sick bike. I'm stoked for the kid and anybody else that can make something out of the opportunity.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
i'm doing a similar project with the DRD program. i think it's a great idea for some up & coming rippers who could use the support. obviously riders & resumes have to be closely looked at, but who better to do so than Peaty!

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
i'm doing a similar project with the DRD program. i think it's a great idea for some up & coming rippers who could use the support. obviously riders & resumes have to be closely looked at, but who better to do so than Peaty!
We need more projects like this to give kids a chance to ride and race.

What frame will we see DRD on this year?? Is Tomac not making a DH bike anymore??

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
We need more projects like this to give kids a chance to ride and race.

What frame will we see DRD on this year?? Is Tomac not making a DH bike anymore??
I agree.. we seldom see programs that involve the advancement of riders. Yeti has a great program with their RPM >> National >> World Cup set up

there are several other grassroots, jr, etc programs popping up.... we need to invest in our youth, as they are the future of the sport! let's just hope they don't drive me crazy! haha

No, we won't be on Tomac. Would have been nice to continue the relationship, but they probably won't have their new DH frame in time (no it's not the Honda bike). From what i hear, you might see the new bike this year

News of my factory team will be announced shortly.. probably within the next week or 2. it's gonna be stacked & have a lot of great sponsors on board already! the DRD Devo project will be announced shortly after