Quantcast

Stevens Pass Postponed!!!

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Oh What The **** Are You Kidding Me?

edit- just checked the site. that is unbelievably retarded.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
lol oh no SNOW.

I can understand if they figured the bikes can't navigate the fresh powder.....

Maybe they just don't want the bikes with the loads of skiers to be there at the same time?

Rhino

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
It does say "postponed due to forecasted 5 FEET of snow!!!! As a skier that makes me jump for joy. But a bike would not go very far in that much snow! It would be more of a "Downhill Struggle" than a race!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
That was a good call on Stevens to postpone this thing. Not the right time at all with all the new snow plus the soft base. I think Eric was right when he said it would be a "downhill struggle". I have tried to ride my bike in 6 or so new inches of snow and all it does is pack everything up. The course needs to have a firm base and little to no new snow for it too be any fun.

Looking forward to when they reschedule!

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
haha Kris, you probably studded your tires during your work hours at the shop didn't you. While eating mac and cheese and watching Kranked 6 with Mark. haha.

And Chris, since the race is postponed i can probably take you up with me or something. We'll see. Well my lights keep flickering on and off due to some strong winds. Hopefully it won't go out. Have a good night everyone.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
well maybe this way I can get some kenda mud tires and my SDG seat and post before the race.

I hope they make it next weekend though, because thats a better time for me then like next month.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
I'm hoping it gets rescheduled for a Saturday like last year, that would be much more convenient.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I really hope the race isnt when Im outa town. I want them to say like next week on sunday or sumn.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Last year it was on the 17th of December if I rember right.
If it is in April this year then its almost gauranteed it will suck. The previous few years they held it in late March and the snow was too soft to ride on. You would hit the face of the jumps and your tires would just slice into the snow.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
If they dont do it soon, Im not doing jumps...ill just go fast.

lol

If I can go 55mph on my Skies, I can go fast on a bike too, im sure :-D (Used a GPS)

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
i didnt check to see if someone already posted this, but the stevens pass website says its rescheduled to the 18 of february