Quantcast

Stikman leaving Intense.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Glad they airbrushed an arrow, otherwise I would have thought Cully was jumping backwards up the ramp.

For twenty fscking years I've been looking for that photo. I heard there's no video because the camera didn't pan up in time.

TWENTY YEARS. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Edit: That landing probably rendered the XC400's lower legs bent to sh*t.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Glad they airbrushed an arrow, otherwise I would have thought Cully was jumping backwards up the ramp.

For twenty fscking years I've been looking for that photo. I heard there's no video because the camera didn't pan up in time.

Cully had no issues with his forks or bike that weekend. And Cully just became the global sales director at COBRA USA, don't think he will be making any comebacks soon!

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

LOL. I was thinking the same thing about that race. I have never seen a good shot of "The Jump" and have never seen it caught on any video footage as well. There was actually a decent transition for the jump though.

Cully was so smooth...bit of a douche...but rad non the less. Only guy at the time to run without gloves too.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Well now some ding dongs call that a "tailwhip".. go figure and leave it up to someone that knows nothing about mtb or bmx to write captions for pics.

BTW, sick pic of Cully crossing it up! NOT X-UP.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Cully had no issues with his forks or bike that weekend. And Cully just became the global sales director at COBRA USA, don't think he will be making any comebacks soon!
Speaking of Cobra, the little kid (8 years old at the time) that was #2 to Eli's #1 at Loretta's (name was Dakota something)...his dad was the COBRA rep at the time. They lived down the street from me in suburban Asheville, NC.

Kid had a track in his dad's front yard and our whole neighborhood didn't mind at all b/c the kid was 8 and boosting huge!!! I always thought....if my dad were the COBRA mini rep when I was a kid, life might never get any better.

:(

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Demo9's mom hired stik to be her sons personal team manager and will be shipping stik out to the US Open this weekend.

My mom fired stik after i failed to qualify with an epic crash, stik is up for hire again :p

sorry justin I had too.
My mom fired stik after i failed to qualify with an epic crash, stik is up for hire again :p

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Seen on Facebook:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Temecula, CA: Intense Cycles proudly announces the addition of Scott Sharples as Marketing Manager/brand ambassador.

Scott brings with him extensive experience in the cycling industry, including a successful career as a top pro downhiller, editorial contributor to a variety of publications and founder/manager of the athlete development program “Race Brain”.

Sharples is best known, however, for his success as a Cycling coach. From 2001-2007 he was head downhill coach for Cycling Australia, where he created and implemented a flagship downhill race program for his native country’s national cycling body.

His client list boasts some of the most winning teams and racers in the sport, including four World Champions. In 2006, he was awarded SBS Television’s “Coach of the Year” and in 2008 head coach for the Australian BMX Olympic team.

"I am so excited to be working with Intense. The frames are so damn beautiful. Bikes are the best form of art and function, and Intense does it best. It is a globally-known, progressive company with integrity, that produces quality, high-end, hi-performance bikes. I couldn't ask to be working for a better company."

Sharples will be Intense’s key contact for all media and marketing projects, as well as brand representative at races, events and trade shows.

“Scott will be a great help with R&D and product development,” says Intense founder and president, Jeff Steber. “He is at home in the industry his technical knowledge and management skills make him an asset to any cycling brand. We are happy to welcome him aboard”.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I wouldn't expect her to switch, she seems to be a loyal straight-shooter and that's part of what makes her so desirable IMHO. What I'd like to see and and what I expect to see are two different things.