Quantcast

Stolen Bike (boulder Area)

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
One of my friends had his bike stolen yesterday from in front of University Bikes. It's a Specialized Allez Pro road bike. Black frame with full Dura Ace. If you hear or see anything, pm me.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
if you live in boulder be extremely careful with your bikes. there is a theft ring going around and the police dont care because its small potatoes to them. dont leave your bike out anywhere for any amount of time.

1speed

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
boulder
Sorry to hear that. In the 6 years that I have been in boulder, I have heard this story too many times. The bike theives that work this town are good and have a discerning eye.

My friend had a sweet custom bike stolen in 15 min's while he went to get some food at 11am by a busy store. Two Krypto locks were neatly opened and left where the bike was. His story was 1 in a million and unfortunately almost all of bikes stolen are never recovered as they are shipped out of state. Nobody likes the fact that you can not leave a nice bike out in public here but it is a fact none the less. Hopefully your friend has some better luck recovering their bike. I will keep my eyes open on the road but that is a production bike so there several of the same out there.

My townie is a fixie with bolt on wheels. Good luck to anyone who wants it, especially if they try to ride it away )