Quantcast

Stolen bike in SC: 2002 Enduro Pro

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, I can't believe this. My second post on this board, and it's to report that some loser jacked my bike. Guess you can't trust anyone these days. Even with 1/4" steel cable lock! I'm still calm right now because I think I'm still in shock, but I think I might be busting some walls pretty soon, so I'll get this out while I'm still relatively clear-headed.

Below are the details. Anyone with information leading to the return of this bike, I have some $$ for you. Contact me at 831-247-5741. Please pass this info on to your riding buddies... Also if anyone knows of other online places I should post this, please PM me.

STOLEN:

- 2002 Enduro Pro (I have the serial number somewhere, will post when I find it).

- Stolen sometime between 4 AM and 9 AM on Tuesday, 8/10/04 at intersection of Chestnut and Squid Row, downtown Santa Cruz. The bike was on a spare tire bike rack on the back of a green Isuzu Rodeo, locked with 1/4" steel cable lock (they hacksawed it). This couldn't have been cased out for long, as this was the first day I was staying at a friend's place there.

Here's the latest picture I have:

Here's an older one:

More details. Items with a "*" are non-stock or unique.

- Stock fork (02 black RockShox Psylo), in good shape, recently rebuilt
- Hayes Mag disc brakes
* - 8" rotor up front (stock 6" in back)
* - Black "Dangerboy" 2-finger brake levers
* - ODI lock-on grips
* - Bontrager bar-ends (don't gimme a hard time!)
* - Sensor on fork for Specialized Speedzone Pro cycle computer, empty mount on handlebar
* - Front cables zip-tied to bottom of headset
* - 2.5" WTB Weirwolf tire up front
- 2.3" Specialized Enduro Pro tire in back
* - Mavic F219 rims front and back, no stickers
* - Thicker guage spokes than originals, don't remember the details
- Stock Specialized stem, seatpost, cranks, chainwheels
* - Shimano M545 pedals (silver cage)
* - Fox "Itch" shock has modified black Lizard Skins protective boot
* - Shock link has been replaced with a GOLD one (orignal was black)
* - Serfas gel seat with "deep groove" or whatever it's called, super comfy

Please please please contact me if you have any info on this bike. This bike is my baby.

Thanks,
Jim