Quantcast

Stolen Yeti Dh-9

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
My bike was stolen last night in Marin, causing me to fall into a deep state of depression. Here are the specs:

Large Black Yeti DH9 Frame
2002 RockShox Boxxer w/ TiNi stanchions (the gold ones) and '03 metal decals.
Fox Vanilla RC shock custom tuned by Push Industries (has push sticker kit on it)
Gold King Headset
MRP Guide
Hayes Brakes
Race Face Cranks
Sram X.0 Derailleur with X.9 Shifter
Mavic Rims laced to Hadley Hubs
Easton Bar and Stem

This is a pretty rare setup... the only one in the Bay Area that I'm aware of. The Push tuned shock and TiNi boxxer should make it easy to identify. Also, the frame's sticker kit was only done on a limited number of frames (the regular one features more yellow and turquoise).

Please keep an eye out. If anyone spots the bike or recognizes any part of it for sale online, drop me an e-mail asap: aaronr@ucsc.edu or call anytime (415) 383-5714

- Aaron

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Aaron!!! you've got to be sh|tting me!?!?!? MOF@#$@!%$!@#%!#@$23

I would kill...

good luck...I'll keep an eye out for sure - and a Baseball bat in the car in case.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Thanks Luc... I drove around town for hours last night right after it happened but no dice. Hopefully it will turn up.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
stoney98 said:
beat stick. I know almost every yeti in this area AND their owners. It's game time.
Yep... if the guy's dumb enough to ride it around, it'll be easy to spot him.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I am at northstar and all around LT on a regular basis and will keep an eye out for it. Should be easy to spot.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
dfinn said:
I am at northstar and all around LT on a regular basis and will keep an eye out for it. Should be easy to spot.
LT?

Ya I'm also at the Star on a regular basis...if he's there this weekend, I'm leaving him to rot somewhere on Boondocks - better yet, near manure pile where he belongs. :angry:

D

Dingus McGee

Sorry to hear that -horrible! Where in Marin? San Rafael? - I spend alot of time there w/relatives...it might turn up on 4th St. I'll be lookin in S.F. too.
\
Really sucks!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
:eek: :mumble:

dude...

duuuuude...

duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

That F-ing sucks man. Have you looked into the possibility of homeowners/renters covering the loss? Was it at your parents house on their property, if so it's covered.

In the meantime if it sees the light of day I'm sure one of us :monkey: 's will see it.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Acadian said:
plus the guy is in Australia!!
or so he says. I changed my addy in ebay just the other day before putting an item up for sale. It took me two seconds and they did nothing to verify it.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
dfinn said:
or so he says. I changed my addy in ebay just the other day before putting an item up for sale. It took me two seconds and they did nothing to verify it.
I don't have an e-bay account - I assumed it was more secure than that? oh well..

Plus do you really think they would have taken the time to switch out the headset? Gold for Black?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I'll shoot that guy a couple questions myself when I get home. Ya never know!

Btw, 911, do you drive a Jeep? I could have sworn I saw your bike one time on 101, there was also a nicolai on a hitch rack? Just wonderin if that was you. Hope your baby turns up :(

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Yeah... jeep with a Nicolai UFO and a Yeti was definately me. Now it's just a UFO :(

Thanks for keeping an eye out on ebay... unfortunately I can tell by the pics that that Yeti isn't mine (my frame had some distinct scratches).

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I don't suppose you have renters or home owners insurance do you? One of the first things I did after my girls bike got stolen off my yakima rack was to get renters insurance. I sleep a little bit better at night now.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
911 said:
Yeah... jeep with a Nicolai UFO and a Yeti was definately me. Now it's just a UFO :(

Thanks for keeping an eye out on ebay... unfortunately I can tell by the pics that that Yeti isn't mine (my frame had some distinct scratches).
What kind of distinct scratches are we talkin'? That might help speed up the search, especially if some dumb**** decides to part the frame...

-CAbiker

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm down here in the South Bay and I'm in Santa Cruz, East Bay, and so forth every week. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, and if I see it, there will be fisticuffs thrown.