Quantcast

Straitline Componets?

auzzy

Chimp
May 1, 2008
Victoria, BC
Pedals are bloody amazing. Very simple, so cleaning them is quite easy. I've beat mine up a bit but they just don't quit! Grip is very good. Haven't had any personal experience on the stem, but I imagine it is of the same quality as all their other products.

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
stem is sweet, just make sure you install it properly. you need to snug the top two bolts down so there is no gap, then torque the two lower bolts down.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Been on the same set of pedals for 2 years.
Super comfy,strong as all get out and the easiest thing to rebuild ever.
They're not the lightest thing out there,but they can take hits.Also,Greg at Straitline is super helpful and awesome to deal with.Just remember to dab some medium loctite on the threads of every pin before you put them in,or they will fall out.Saying that,I loctited my pins in and haven't ever lost one.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I've been running their pedals since 07' and they've never let me down. The only thing that bugs me is that they may not spin as freely as other pedals BUT - they are EXTREMELY easy to maintain. The concave of the platform is perfect and a bit reminiscent of a set of Cullys and the traction pins are amazing - hexagonal faced, and dig in w/o getting to destructive.

I've been running their 50mm Boxxer DM stem since I got a pre-production piece last July and it too has worked perfectly. The moto-style system of clamoing the upper faceplate flush against the top of the stem and then tightening the bottom 2 bolts is simple and it looks great too.

Cust. Service is also top notch!

I'd recommend them.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
straitline is an awesome company, i have the levers, end caps to match and the pedals. It's the kind of product you get in the mail and you don't want to put it on your bike because the finish is so freaking gorgeous. not to mention, Greg Parish at straitline is the man.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
So I pulled the trigger and went with the red stem, pedals, bash and endcaps. Im also having red stickers made for my dorado. And I think Im probably going to drill some speed holes in the bash to lighten it up. My bike it a tank so maybe not.