Quantcast

Sugar or wolf, downhill open?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Well, since I've nominated Butch as the SE downhill racing expert, any word on whether or not Windrock will have a race(s) this year (Maxxis or otherwise)?

Profro? Jeremy? Any new info?

Still sux donkey ballz that Wolf is out, but a Windrock date would help console me :evil:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My last info, second hand, was that Brady (Taz of HCOR fame) and Ben (Spoke80) were working out some ideas with the ORV club as to how to accomplish it.
Me, I'm gonna take an outside shot at running a low key DH event at Sugar...but I'm only gonna do it if I can lay out a whole new course top to bottom....Jeremy knows where I mean too.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stubby said:
can you please help me i dont give a crap about the freakin lifts, i want a place to ride you pu**ys., except for the people who dont care about riding a long lift. as santacruzed said its better than pushing, so does anyone know where to ride around here DOWNHILL i dont care about lifts or pushing it, as long as i can ride.
Yet another Douche in the SE DH scene. Welcome.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
"The Gray lift operates to the top of the mountain every weekend beginning July 2 through September 4, 2005 (weather permitting of course). It's about a 20 minute lift ride to the top. If you would like to break up the ride, then jump off at the 3/4 lift station, take a walk around, walk down the hill from there, or hop back on and take the lift all the way up to the top. "

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
this is probably what you all were talking about earlier but dont shoot me for asking......

i was looking at the sugar mtb trail map and saw that there was a road up the left side of the mtn that looked as though you could hop out of yer car/truck and hop right on a trail that cut right over to donnovans dungeon??? or is this the "illeagal shuttle path"??

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I don't think this is a usual thing, but on the last weekend back in the fall the liftie at the house about half way up the hill was letting us jump back on there instead of riding all the way to the bottom. So we got to hit the tech stuff up top then bomb down the slope just past the entrance to lizard's lane.

Beware: On the closing weekend Lizard's Lane was impassable on a bike. There were a ton of trees down due to all the hurricanes that pummelled NC last year. I don't know if they will have been cleaned out. You might call Sugar to make sure the trails are ridable before hand.