Quantcast

Suggestion for a good vegetarian cookbook?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Don't worry RM I still like my meat and I am not looking for ways to make fake meat type vegetarian food. Just looking to try something new and expand my cooking skills.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One of the last restaurants that I worked in had a reputation for having the tastiest vegetarian soups around. They were made from bags of frozen soup parts and canned stuff, nothing fresh. And the secret ingredient that made all the vegans squirm with delight; beef base. Yup.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why would you want to cook vegetarians? Sometimes annoying but generally well meaning folk. If they die of natural causes I guess it is OK but those are usually tough and gristly. Whatever you do, don't take one down after a prolonged chase, sours the meat.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Color me Vegan. Great book, recipes can be modified a little if you like more taste by simply adding more of whatever spice or herb is involved (say, double the garlic, parsley, etc). Foundation is better than any veg cookbook I've tried, and the beat burgers are the best burgers I've ever had, meat or no meat. Simply that good.

I went veg about 3 years ago. Still eat fish now and then. Feels much better overall, but I eat a variety of food, especially ethnic (Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc) so there's no lack of flavor or substance.

Last edited: